1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Geoff, May 12, 2011.

1. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Almost every game in the world is better than Bloodlines... except that DS game that came out. I'm ashamed to say I think I bought it... but I also don't remember a single thing about it, although I would have played it if I bought it. So it was either so bad I have amnesia of the time playing it as a coping mechanism or it was an Assassin's Creed game I didn't even bother buying back in the height of my love for the series.

2. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Just finished AC3 a couple days ago. Now I'm just doing side-quest stuff and collecting things. It does get better eventually, around sequence 6 or so.

For me, I thought the setting, story, writing, and presentation were all great. But the gameplay itself is dull and Connor isn't memorable. I liked his story but the character of Connor himself isn't exciting.

I also think this will probably be the last Assassin's Creed game I'll get. I just don't like the direction their going in, especially with AC4. They're trying to be more than they should be. They're straying too much from what the AC series used to be.

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Was talking about Liberation. :P
    And yeah, I have no plans to get Black Flag. The series is just getting milked at this point, and since 3 ends Desmond's saga it seems like a good stopping point. I'm sure I'll pick up future games when I get the urge to play them, but I can't see that happening for a while.

4. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I haven't been playing a whole lot lately, mostly *Modern Warfare 3* Modern Warfare 3 (Curse you, Reddit!) here and there.I might be picking up *Ocarina of Time 3D* tomorrow though, it's $30 at Best Buy and I reeeaaally want to get my hands on it.

You know how much I loved *Assassin's Creed* Assassin's Creed about a year ago, so me saying that I have no plans of getting *Black Flag* until it's at most $30 should be telling about how I feel about it after *AC3* AC3.

5. Jellicent

Jellicent Level 3

20%
    -Yugioh: Reverse of Arcadia
    -Okami
    -Dragon Warrior: 3

Reverse of Arcadia is definitely fun.

6. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I've been playing Metroid Prime for GameCube the last few days. I just got the Ice Beam. Not sure how far into the game I am, but I've logged almost five hours so far. Really liking the game, it's even better than I remember it being. Hopefully, this'll be the first playthrough where I actually complete the game. :P

7. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I'm playing Super Mario Sunshine as part of my "beat games I've had pre-2007" resolution - I've played it but never beaten it. Right now I'm at 25 shines and in Pinna Park. The game's not bad, but the camera is one of the most atrocious, unwieldy things I've ever come across in a video game.

Also picked Xenoblade up again...expect this to pop up in this thread every so often for a looooong time since I tend to play it in bursts and it's so freaking long.

Still playing Assassin's Creed III as well, though not for the last couple days. At the beginning of Sequence 6 and so far it's...all right.

8. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I'm still playing Black 2. Trying to raise teams to take on the Type Expert Tournament in the PWT.

Also playing Banjo-Kazooie. About to begin Treasure Trove Cove.

9. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Tales of the Abyss 3D
    Going so slowly through this because it sucks as a handheld game.

10. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
    They just added this game to the Instant Game Collection on PS+, and I loved the game when it first released, so I figured I may as well play it again... which was a good idea, because damn it's as good as I remember. In terms of story, I just got to Hengsha, so I'm about... 1/3 or 1/4 of the way through the game? I'm thinking about picking up The Missing Link too since I've never been able to finish it. I tried it on my laptop last year, but it didn't run too well.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS)
    I picked up this and Oracle of Ages when they came out on the 3DS Virtual Console a week ago, but I haven't played either very much. In Seasons, I just got to the Sunken Village and found Dimitri.

also these are the best 2D Zelda games shut up Geoff