1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Chit Chat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ooka, May 10, 2011.

1. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    For anyone who's interested, Kiefer Sutherland will be providing the voice for Snake in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Maybe the events of the game will be taking place within 24 hours :lol:

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I made it to Sackbooooy! (Yay, a postcount dude I recognize!)

3. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    How do you make so many posts? I like it here, but it isn't that active o.o

4. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Surprise surprise, Fox won in the Melee tournament at EVO. :P

The guy who came in second was amazing (after all, there is a technique named after him) but he made some embarrassing mistakes.

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I didn't follow EVO. Not a fighting game fan, so I probably would have been bored to tears, haha.

6. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    The only fighting game I play is Smash Bros. but I watched footage of the other games as well. The only boring one I saw was the Injustice finals. It was just Superman spamming heat vision. Looks like that game has balancing issues.

7. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    If by 24 hours you mean 9 years then you'd be right on the money! I'm not too bothered to be fair, as Konami are inevitably going to remake the original 2 Metal Gear titles from the MSX-2 on the FOX engine it makes perfect sense to change Big Boss' voice actor, after all it'd be stupid if Snake and Big Boss had the same voice when they meet. I wish they went with Richard Doyle who voiced Big Boss in MGS4 however.

8. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Isn't it more likely that they'll remake the first Metal Gear Solid using the Fox Engine? Kojima's mentioned that he's looking for a team to do that, but I don't think he's said anything about remaking the first two games.

9. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    He never said he was remaking MGS1 (Or MGS2 as he apparently) stated, that was a mistranslation, he was talking about Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. MGSV is a direct prequel to Metal Gear, Portable Ops and Peace Walker went to great lengths setting up the backdrop for Outer Heaven (Big Boss' mercenary head quarters and the setting of MG) and the MGSV Red Band trailer has an early version of Gustav, a smaller bipedal tank that doesn't fire nukes that was mentioned heavily in MG2:SS. Why remake MGS1 when it's readily available and already has a remake? MG and MG2 are stories most newer fans have never played, and in the case of MG, the game has aged dreadfully and needs a fresh take on an integral chapter in the canon.

10. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Since I'm playing it now, I can honestly say that MGS has aged pretty horribly too, though, and it could really use a remastering - especially since the GCN one is impossible to find nowadays.