1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Snowed In!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geoff, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    So...my area is under a blizzard warning, which is ridiculously rare. The snow is supposed to start anytime now, and we could get as much as 12-15" of snow overnight tonight and tomorrow (and the bare minimum they're calling for is 8-10").

It might not sound like much to you northern/Canadian folks, but that's enough to paralyze my part of Virginia for days. When your area usually averages about 10" of snow in a whole year, this is a pretty big deal...and the winds will be 25-35 mph so there will be pretty bad drifting, as well as ice. So this is setting up to be possibly the worst winter storm we've had in a few years.

It hasn't started yet, but I'm already geared up to be stuck in the house for at least a few days. Hoping to get some good quality gaming time in (especially with GotY coming up later this month), get some writing done for the site, and maybe even catch up on some movies since I have a ton of Blu-rays that I haven't watched.

Anyone else ever been snowed in? What are some of your favorite things to do when it happens?

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    you know what I would say here.

Anyway, it's been frosty over here and we had some snow (slush mostly) in December for a couple days, but we really haven't had a true blizzard yet

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    The Dark Knight is on the list of possibilities. :P

4. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Not just The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Trilogy. You must watch all three.

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I already watched Batman Begins. I have the other two movies but just haven't gotten around to watching them.

6. J-Law

J-Law Level 3

32%
    We got 12" on Yorktown! It was annoying lol but it's almost all melted now.

7. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    We wound up getting over a foot, plus had huge drifts across the road that kept me from getting out of the house before yesterday. Didn't get to do any movie watching, but had plenty of gaming time. Also got some stuff done for work, so it wasn't a total loss.