1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Ōkami HD Releasing This Fall

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rhys, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%

- Remastered high-definition visuals
    - 51 Trophies, including a Platinum one
    - Support for both DualShock 3 (PS2) and PlayStation Move (Wii) control styles
    - Releasing this fall on the US PlayStation Network for $19.99
    - Releasing on November 1 on the JP PlayStation Network

So uh, yeah. SO MUCH HYPE. Ōkami was one of my favorite games from the last generation - heck, it might be my favorite last-gen game period - and I absolutely can't wait to play through it again.

2. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    This was one of my favorite games of last gen too...I always thought it was a shame it looks like absolute garbage on an HDTV. I am so glad it's getting an HD treatment - it should be drop-dead gorgeous. Looking forward to replaying it.

3. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Great game, you definitely get your money's worth (I think to do everything takes around 80 hours). Fantastic visuals and story and I'm happy more people will get a chance to experience it.

4. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Always looked okay to me. o.o I mean, I play with component cables so maybe it makes a big difference but I started a playthrough a few months ago and it looked fine.

But I'm glad I didn't get very far with said playthrough since I'm excited for this and would love to play it again.

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    It looked pretty good to me when I played it. Just watched the trailer and didn't look all that different. Just a bit sharper. Which is probably all this will be. Given the nature of the visuals, I don't think they can really go recognizably high def textures for most of it, since it's all flat any way.

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    The Wii probably helped a little, since I think it's in 480p on the Wii and it isn't on the PS2.

7. Cherrim

56%
    Yeah, I got around to watching the trailer today and I didn't notice it looking ridiculously better than I remember it being while playing it recently. :P But I'd still like to be able to play it without the hassle of hooking up the PS2.

I wish Move wasn't so expensive or I might even pick it up for this game except... I'm not buying a $70 add-on for a $20 game. :/ Even then, I always thought actually having to point at the screen to draw would be too difficult anyway.

8. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    It worked well on the Wii. And Motion Plus wasn't even around then. It was surprising. You don't really have to point at the screen and make exaggerated movements though. It's not as if you're drawing on the screen. From what I remember, I made very small quick motions with my wrist. For the attack anyway. Painting and drawing long lines was more involved

But yeah, $70!? Uhhh... no. Wouldn't do it.

Anyway, this is just another example of how I kind of wish I had gone with a PS3 over a 360. Has most of the games I enjoyed on the 360 on it. Also has HD remakes of lots of PS2 games I missed out on. And HD remakes of Wii games. So don't want to buy another console. Especially this late in the game.

9. Cherrim

56%
    Oh, it wasn't pointing based? I always thought it was. That doesn't sound as bad as I always assumed, then.

How would you make it precise without pointing at the screen, though? Like, how would you place bombs properly or circle trees? @_@

10. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    The only thing that used a pointer was the Celestial Brush, from what I remember. The menus and actual gameplay just used buttons and the analog sticks.