1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Assassin's Creed III

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    In case you haven't been following all the news here, here, and the trailer here, Assassin's Creed III is coming October 30th and will be set during the American Revolution.

Anyone excited for this? As much as I like Ezio as a character, I'm ready for a change of setting and time period. And colonial America during the Revolution is a pretty unique setting - I'm interested in seeing where they go with it.

2. Eoin

Eoin Heyoooooooo

40%
    I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the reason this thread was posted, and you know it. ;)

I for one just saw the trailer today, having not known it was being made at all- I'm pretty happy with the news. I've played most of the games, but one thing that always bugged me was that it felt like they introduced Altair then pretty much forgot about him after introducing Ezio; essentially giving Ezio three games, and only one to Altair. I just found it annoying from a story point of view- now that I know Brotherhood and Revelations weren't in the 'numbered' line (cannot think of the appropriate term), I'm content with everything. I'm optimistic for its release :)

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    NBDASKFDSAGJK I AM SO EXCITED

Seriously, if it can pull off everything that Ubisoft has said it'll do and pull it off well, then it could easily be the game of the year. It looks different enough to feel refreshing, but it definitely still has that Assassin's Creed feel. Plus, NextAnvil... Oh my god, so gorgeous

4. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I have to hurry up and play AC: Revelations!!!

5. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    You've got until the end of October, you have plenty of time. :p

6. Eoin

Eoin Heyoooooooo

40%
    Oh I know that, and I've seen Assassin's Creed Embers too; it's just, from my overly-critical point of view I was irked that it seemed a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle inconsistent to devote so much attention to one particular character, but I'm aware of the significance, yes :)

Come to think of it, I should probably get around to playing Revelations before this arrives, too.. :P

7. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I feel like the only person on the internet who has absolutely no interest in this whatsoever. I find American history (and architecture, tbh) super boring. I have not been impressed with the AC series lately and I fear that having no interest in the locale will pretty much destroy any hope of a renewed love for the series.

I'll pick it up eventually, I'm sure--and maybe I'll even be swayed by later trailers--but I'm just rather disappointed with the announcement altogether. I was totally hoping for an East Asian assassin. :c (Though at least it's not an Ezio spinoff again, lol.)

8. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I feel like the only person on the internet who has absolutely no interest in this whatsoever. I find American history (and architecture, tbh) super boring. I have not been impressed with the AC series lately and I fear that having no interest in the locale will pretty much destroy any hope of a renewed love for the series.

I'll pick it up eventually, I'm sure--and maybe I'll even be swayed by later trailers--but I'm just rather disappointed with the announcement altogether. I was totally hoping for an East Asian assassin. :c (Though at least it's not an Ezio spinoff again, lol.)

9. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I'm really looking forward to this game. I love American history (one of the best classes I took in high school, very interesting) and from what I've seen there are many new gameplay features. Seasons are now incorporated so you can paddle your way down a river in a canoe when the weather is warm and tread through the snow in the Winter. You wield two weapons simultaneously. You can climb trees, jump from branch to branch, and then take out your targets. You can hunt animals and sell their fur. There can be over 1000 characters on screen at once. And you can fight bears apparently!

What I don't like is how ridiculously diverse Desmond's family tree has gotten. I mean he's got Syrian, Italian, and now Native American ancestors. His family sure got around!

10. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I'm not all that interested. American history is okay, but I don't want to play through it. Even if it's just the backdrop.

And just...something about it being America just seems boring. A very small part of me likes playing these games because it's like going on a mini vacation XD America doesn't cut it.