1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lucky Lefty, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Lucky Lefty

Lucky Lefty Level 1

80%
    For those that don't know, Avatar: The Last Airbender was a show on Nickelodeon
    and was later made into a film (The Last Airbender). Avatar (The movie with the blue people)
    went on to become the highest selling film of all time. With that said, which do you chose?

Avatar (Name copying, best selling, blue alien movie)

or

The Last Airbender (TV to film, bald-headed main character, not as good as the show movie)??

2. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I never saw The Last Airbender or the TV show, but wasn't the movie supposedly one of the worst of all time? Everyone I know that saw it thought it was wretched. Based simply on that, I'll go with Avatar.

Though they...really have nothing to do with each other. :/

3. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I'm embarrassed to admit that pretty much right up until Avatar came out, I thought it was the same as the movie-version of A:TLA.

I saw the former, never saw the latter. Tbh, Avatar wasn't very impressive. Visually it was amazing but the plot was an awful rehash and it was so freaking long. I heard The Last Airbender was awful, but even though I've only seen a handful of episodes of the series, I can tell the cartoon was way better than either of them. :( I just wish it had gotten an adaptation that could have made its fans happy.

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I pretty much agree with what you said about Avatar. It had its moments, and it was gorgeous, but the plot was so derivative and it dragged on forever. Really don't think it was deserving of all the praise it got.

5. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I really saw no reason to bother with it if you couldn't see it in 3D. My parents missed it in theatres and insisted on buying the blu-ray and while it was still very pretty, it was really nothing special. :/ And so long. I thought the movie would've been more interesting if it ended 2/3rds of the way through.

And I'm appalled that it might be a series, apparently. Dear god if the first one started out with such a derivative plot (Pocahontas in space!), can you imagine sequels?

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I thought the 3D was really unspectacular, myself. Wasn't worth the additional admission and didn't add much to the movie.

7. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    Avatar was the most boring film ive ever seen. It was like a bad mix of starship troopers and pochahuntas so on that grounds i'll go with the last airbender since ive not seen it but doubt its as bad as avatar.

8. chanceminor

chanceminor Level 3

52%
    The Last Airbender movie was terrible. It took out very important parts from the original series. However I really loved the TV show version. Although it is played on Nick, it is an amazing show with many complex characters that change throughout the plot. I watched all three seasons three times. It is my favorite TV show and I think people jump to conclusions because they think it is a show for kids or that is is a Naruto like show. It is much better than many Anime shows.

9. Savvy

Savvy GamerBB Owner

96%
    I've seen the animated series and the movie. I have to say I really enjoyed the movie. I didn't like the little boy that played the Avatar but it was still a good movie. I liked the effects and thought it stayed true to the series.

10. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Avatar, by far. It isn't one of the best movies of all-time, but it is enjoyable. The Last Airbender, on the other hand, made me want to cry and hide myself in a room with only me, a TV, a DVD player, and the complete series of the cartoon.