1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Collection Tracking

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Geoff, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    For those of us who have amassed a huge collection of games (or for those of us with smaller ones too!), how do you keep track of your collection? Spreadsheets? Websites? Or is it all in your head? Do you count digital games as part of your collection or just physical ones?

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Backloggery. The games I don't add to Backloggery are pretty much left to be lost to the winds because it means I have no intention of playing/finishing them. Most of the games that aren't on my Backloggery are just extras on Steam anyway. (I have 68 Steam games listed on Backloggery and 326 Steam games total, according to my profile.)

I count digital games the same as physical, but it's so easy to amass accidental collections of digital games that they tend to feel less important to me. :/ And they're harder to keep track of so I often don't even try.

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    GameFAQs lets you add any game in their database to a "My Collection" section of your profile, I just use that.

4. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I use Backloggery to keep track of the bigger picture, but generally month to month or so I'll have a list of games I'm playing or I want to play just in a text file on my desktop

5. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I have an (outdated) list of things I want to do/play on my Backloggery sidebar but I always forget about it and end up playing very different things. @_@;

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I need to remember to update my Backloggery. I keep forgetting and then wind up going back to it and there are games sitting there in my Now Playing that I'm not even playing anymore, or that I've beaten already. Or I will have forgotten to add a game that I bought.

7. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Bumping this up. Since the demise of Gamespot's collection tracking system, I've struggled to find another website with the same functionality and information. So I created a Google Docs spreadsheet of my collection and included all the information I wanted it to list. Here's the link. Nothing too fancy but it does what I want it to.

8. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I've just been using GameFAQs to keep track of my collection. Pretty sure it feeds off of GameSpot's database anyway, considering both websites share the same forums.

EDIT: Oops, didn't realize I posted here before. o_O