1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Chit Chat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ooka, May 10, 2011.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I really want to get Ni no Kuni but I don't have time for another 40 hour game right now. I'll just wait and hope the price drops.

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I preordered the Wizard's Edition for the book. n_n;;; I really want to support companies who actually put effort into their special editions instead of just slapping DLC in it and a really crappy artbook and trying to sell it for $30+. Plus, what always interested me most about either version when it came out in Japan was the book that came with the DS version.

I know almost nothing about Ni No Kuni. I've never walked into a game so blind before in my life, I don't think. I've seen a handful of screenshots from when it was getting its Japanese press (I don't remember if they were even from the DS or PS3 version) and aside from that I just know it's an RPG from Studio Ghibli and Level 5 that... I guess has a witch in it? I'm so excited!

3. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I've been wanting to play DK64 recently too, but I don't think I will. DK64 is just an extension of the Banjo games in many ways, I don't understand why you would play one and not the others (and DK64 is generally frowned upon when compared to the Banjos).

I am interested in Ni No Kuni. But the DS version doesn't appear to be coming here. It's... another reason a PS3 looks appealing now so late in the game :\

4. Cherrim

56%
    I can try BK again but I think the main appeal of DK64 for me is the nostalgia which is entirely missing from the Banjo games for obvious reasons. :/

Honestly, PS3 is great. There's enough for it this late in its life that I think it's worth it. Add in the fact that PS+ is awesome and it also gives you access to a lot of PS1 and some PS2 classics and you can't really go wrong. n_n;; It's the only console I play much anymore.

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Nostalgia is mighty powerful. Although I try to block the DK Rap from my memory lol

There's a greater handful of PS3 titles that I'd get at the outset then there were when I first got the 360. So, it's always in the back in my mind. But a PS3 and a Wii U in one would be a bit much maybe

6. Cherrim

56%
    ...I would argue a PS3 is a much better investment right now than a Wii U. :(

7. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    But it's Nintendo... and it's me. :P And I've waited almost ten years for Pikmin 3

8. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I haven't played a Pikmin game, so...can't really say if it's worth it or not, haha.
    The PS3 is absolutely worth it though. Honestly, there's plenty reason to own all three current-gen consoles - they all have great exclusives.

9. Hiiro

Hiiro Lorem Ipsum

56%
    What are the odds of the all white 3DS XL coming out in the US before the release of X and Y? I haven't gotten my 3DS yet, and I really want that one. It looks so simplistic and so beautiful.

10. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    It's so...white. It'd be a dirt magnet. But I'm not sure - Nintendo seems to be fine with the original twocoor choices and releasing limited editions every so often like the Pikachu one. I'd say it's probably not likely to happen before X/Y.