1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Duke Nukem Forever has gone gold

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, May 25, 2011.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
  2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I have never played a Duke Nukem game in my life but I want to check this out for the same reason as you.

xD; Still seems ridiculous that this is actually coming out, considering it was the prime example of vaporware for so, so many years.

edit: I CAN SPELL.

3. Will

Will Staff Writer

42%
    Hahahahaha. I remember this when it kept going bust and it was the definition of a 'joke' in the industry.
    I managed to get my hands on a copy at a gaming event and played it for a little bit and it just seems like a dream for a young teenager, because that is the humor in it and the early battles make no sense! D:

Either way, I might review it in full... maybe.

4. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    That's great to hear. xD It's about time it got finished. I've never played the previous games before, so I'll try out the demo when it hits. If I like it, I'll beg my mom to let me buy the game (She normally wouldn't care if I got a rated M game, but... Well, it's Duke. 'Nuff said).

5. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    I grew up with the Duke, but I haven't bothered to get this yet; My friend said it felt and looked old and didn't have the charm of the old Duke titles.

6. KingManta

KingManta Level 5

88%
    Yeah, I played it at a friend's house and I was thoroughly disappointed.
    The humour seems really forced and a lot of it is unnecessary. The gameplay is alright I suppose but I wouldn't play it for long.
    The multiplayer also seems like a slow afterthought.

7. Savvy

Savvy GamerBB Owner

96%
    At first I was shocked by this but after thinking again it is Duke Nukem and even though a game hasn't come out in a long time Duke still has a great fan base.

8. Mao Rune

Mao Rune This world can try...

50%
    I haven't played yet and I can't really say I plan to. XD it looks like crap and I've only heard bad reviews of it. :\

9. Will

Will Staff Writer

42%
    Well, I am going to be reviewing Duke in the next few hours I think, if not few days, depending on my schedule, but I enjoyed it!

10. Eoin

Eoin Heyoooooooo

40%
    Actually, I heard that it's.. Pretty poor. Loading times took ages (and it happened every time you died), and the graphics are extremely mediocre, and other things. Is any of that true- is it worth playing, for someone who's totally new toDuke Nukem? (I know it's been around for years, but I know nothing about the game/s, I'm even unsure if there's multiple titles, see? xD)