1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

E3 Lead-In Hype and Predictions

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by TRIFORCE89, Mar 23, 2014.

1. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    It seems awfully early to me to be thinking about this but Microsoft's already got the ball rolling

[​IMG]

So, anything you're looking forward to or expecting or hoping for from any of the major contenders?

Will Nintendo even show up in person this year? o.o

2. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    1.) Mass Effect News
    2.) F-Zero Wii U
    3.) Pokemon Snap Wii U (or 3DS)
    4.) The Beatles Rock Band 2

If any one of these happens I will be ecstatic!

3. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    1) Maybe
    2) Doubtful
    3) I think somehow more likely than F-Zero, but still not happening
    4) When hell freezes over

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I think F-Zero is dead. Miyamoto has all but said that he hates that series and said that it's stale and there's nothing else that can be done with it, so I highly doubt there will be any more F-Zero games.

Mass Effect is pretty likely though - they're definitely working on a new game and we haven't heard anything about it recently, so E3 might be a good time to show it off to the public for the first time.

Will Nintendo show up? They need to. Even though Wii U is dead in the water, they need to at least make an effort instead of just letting Sony and Microsoft walk all over them like they did last year. E3 reaches a much wider audience than any Nintendo Direct ever could, and so holding a press conference would at least show that they're trying. However, I'm not so sure that they have anything to show. 3DS is in its twilight, as as far as Wii U goes, I think they'll probably just show off what they've already announced (Bayonetta, X Smash) plus Zelda since they apparently considered showing that off last year...and I'm becoming more and more convinced that game will be a Twilight Princess situation where it's released for Wii U and as a launch title for their next system.

I don't expect any major release dates, huge game reveals, or hardware announcements, so I think Nintendo will likely have yet another lackluster conference, but they need to have one. I do think we'll see Majora's Mask 3D since they've been hinting heavily at its existence recently.

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Yeah, pretty much for F-Zero. It looks like it's more or less been merged into Mario Kart 8 too.

6. Klippy

Klippy Resident Animal Crosser

30%
    Looking forward to some surprise releases. Xbone has got to prove itself to stay in the race, PS4 is jumping ahead. Expect some decent exclusives revealed. Nintendo should bring some heat with some announcements, but I believe they're sticking to Directs and that's probably the best move. They just need to make them hit hard for E3.

7. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Do you guys think Nintendo will announce that Majora's Mask remake they've been hinting at? I sure hope so. I really want to replay MM.

8. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I really want to replay it too, and the 3DS's release schedule is pretty barren from here on out. Considering the blatant hints they've been dropping, I'd say it's pretty likely that we'll see it this year.

9. Klippy

Klippy Resident Animal Crosser

30%
    Good! I love MM and I would jump at a 3DS remake the second I could. It was one of my favorite N64 experiences and replaying it would be a joy.

10. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Majora's Mask is happening. Or Nintendo is just a massive troll. Which is entirely believable