1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Game of the Year 2014: Geoff's Top 10

Discussion in 'The Archive' started by Geoff, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    As we start 2015, Geoff looks back at his top 10 gaming experiences of last year and crowns his Game of the Year 2014.

View the full article

DarkSpade93 likes this.
  2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I just realized that these news-generated forum posts make it sound like we're referring to ourselves in the third person :\

Anyway, I haven't played everything on your list but there is a good number of items there that I own and haven't played yet (but am looking forward to!) and others I am very interested in trying out some day (Garden Warefare looked super fun since that first E3 they showed it off, also Second Son looks good too).

And hooray for some Tropical Freeze love. The game that made no money :(

Good list overall. Almost half of it is for the Wii U :P You lose major points for including anything relating to Hoenn though...

No, never. I shall never shuttup. It's not what I do. The goddamn trees on that course! I really dislike Electrodome too, but at least I'm good there still.

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Since when did three games out of ten equal half of it being for Wii U? :P

I guess you could count Shovel Knight since I did play that on Wii U, but that's multiplatform.

4. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Captain Toad, Shovel Knight, Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart. Four. I said "almost half", four is almost five, five is half of ten

Shovel Knight counts. It is multiplatform, but Yacht Club has said that Nintendo was very "helpful" during it's development/marketing

5. Klippy

Klippy Resident Animal Crosser

30%
    Good list! I question a few of your choices, but that's a personal dislike of Microsoft right now. :)

6. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    The fact that Garden Warfare is so high on your list baffles me. I played it for maybe half an hour over break with my friend and we hated it so much. Maybe it's just terrible for couch co-op but it was enough to make me never, ever want to touch it again and I'm soooooo glad I never caved in and bought it before it came out free on PS4. @_@

7. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    You can't make a good judgment of the game after just a half hour. It takes time to find (and unlock) characters you enjoy playing as, try out all the different game modes, get a feel for how each class controls, etc.

It took a while to grow on me as well, but I'd say give it another chance. A half hour really can't even begin to give you a taste of the game. Plus, isn't couch co-op limited to Garden Ops? I only ever play online so I'm not sure, but if you didn't try the competitive modes you didn't even scratch the surface.

8. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I guess not but I can't see myself ever playing it on my own. All I know is couch co-op was awful and it was hard to ever tell what was going on.