1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Roller Coasters!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geoff, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Shooting off from the theme park thread, how many here like roller coasters?

I would never ride them up until two years ago, but once my friends convinced me to ride one I've slowly been building my tolerance of them, and now I absolutely love them. Loch Ness Monster was the first one I rode back in 2013, and the first drop gave me that feeling in my stomach that kind of made me shy away from trying other coasters for a while, but I feel like this year I've really stepped up my game and gotten into the groove. I finally got the nerve up to try Apollo's Chariot a few weeks ago, and that's now my favorite coaster (supplanting Bizarro at Six Flags Great Adventure that I had just ridden a couple weeks before). Dat airtime tho. Griffon is now the only one at Busch Gardens that I haven't ridden, and I'm sure I'll get around to that this summer at some point.

So do we have any coaster aficionados here? What was your first coaster? Your favorite? Any memorable ones? Any that you absolutely couldn't stand?

2. Nolafus

Nolafus Critic of everything

68%
    My first coaster was a small one at a local New York theme park called the Steamin' Demon. I didn't go on coasters for the longest time, but my friends convinced me to go on some of the bigger coasters we have here in Washington like Timber Terror and Tremors while on an eighth grade field trip. I had a lot of fun, but didn't try the biggest coaster here, Aftershock, until another friend forced me my junior year. It was a blast, and now I'll ride any and all roller coasters. I love them, haha.

3. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    My top 3 roller coasters:

4. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I went to Wonderland for the first time in a few years this week. Rode some coasters. It was fun and I love roller coasters, but the sheer enthusiasm in the first post of this thread feels a little foreign to me. They're just rides... xD;; I still think the idea of building up tolerance to them is weird. Just force yourself to go on the most extreme one in the park and work your way down! They're all probably much safer than actually driving to the park so no big deal!

I guess my favourite coaster that I've ever been on is Behemoth at Wonderland because my god that first drop is glorious (especially in the first car!!), but aside from that nothing really stands out. So long as the ride is worth the wait, I'm happy. I really liked The Hulk when I was at Universal but I don't think I would have liked it much if we hadn't had fast passes that enabled us to skip the line. :x

Least favourite coasters are pretty much any wooden coasters. They're uncomfortable, way too noisy, and not as thrilling. I did my time with those in other provinces where there are literally no good roller coasters and now I just don't even bother with them. Not worth it!!

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Likely retread from ye olde theme park thread, but I don't feel like looking up what I said in there. So, a thousand apologies.

Last year, I went to Wonderland for the first time in ages. I hadn't even been on every ride before then (still, haven't. I didn't get the chance to fit in the ride formerly known as Top Gun. But I didn't everything else iirc). Enjoyed it, was a fun day. But, haven't seen a need to go and do it again this year since... nothing's really different?

That's why I like my Disney/Universal intervals of four years or so; long enough for things to change or for me to forget how things were.

I don't understand what people with season passes do though. At any park. That's a heck of a lot of repetition.

6. Nolafus

68%
    Well, after taking a trip to meet Geoff over on the East coast, I rode about fifteen different roller coasters in two days. We went to Six Flags Great Adventure as well as Hershey, and I rode just about every roller coaster they had. It was so much fun, and now I actually have a top five list.

The first spot has to go to El Toro at Six Flags. Amazing wooden coaster that just doesn't let up. Second would be Nitro at Six Flags as well since it's just so smooth and really fun to ride. Although the most intense coaster I went on, Kingda Ka makes it in third since it's more of a one-trick pony. Still, 128 miles and hour and over 400ft in the air isn't anything to complain about. Fourth would be Skyrush at Hershey. It would have been higher, but it's a bit rough, but still so much fun and the best coaster at Hershey hands down. Storm Runner rounds out my top five list since the launch is pretty intense and it's just a fun ride to go on.

7. Wicked3DS

Wicked3DS Pokémon Enthusiast

7%
    I was on said trip above. I rode a runaway train and Comet at Hershey Park.

I still hate roller coasters.

8. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    No you don't. You were laughing your ass off on Comet.

9. Nolafus

68%
    [​IMG]

Geoff likes this.
  10. Wicked3DS

Wicked3DS Pokémon Enthusiast

7%
    You guys suck.

Nolafus and Geoff like this.