1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Summer Sale

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Cherrim, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    The Summer Sale has officially started! The format's a bit different this year and I feel like a kid at Christmas. I know I can't be the only one who's been waiting for this. I figured a general thread for it might be helpful so we can share what we've picked up, recommend games that are on sale, or just discuss the sale in general!

To start off, anyone get anything today? I don't really see a whole lot that piques my interest but the Indie Bundle is pretty good if you don't have anything in it. Cave Story is definitely worth the price of the bundle itself, though I don't know much about any of the games with it. :x

I'm also kind of iffy on the flash sales. I like the idea but I'm going to be paranoid all week about missing out on things. D: I'm often away from my computer for more than 4 hours at a time and some of the sales only last that long? My sleep is bad enough without needing to worry about whether I'm missing an awesome deal! :P

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I was disappointed when it didn't begin in June like it usually does. :( But still, glad to see it's finally here. I don't have a whole lot of money to spend on games, but I did pick up Portal 2 and Sonic CD. :3

3. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Hasn't Cave Story been widely available for free since forever? Is this a remake or something?

And, I have the Twitter feed. Nothing popped up today that caught my eye. Only thing I ever bought through a Steam sale was the Tales of Monkey Island pack - and I thoroughly enjoyed that.

But, I don't really play games on my computer. So, not that interested. I hate using the keyboard and mouse. Setting up a 360 or Wii Classic Controller takes too long on my Mac. And my computer is so old that playing anything on it makes it get really hot and really loud. I don't care if it's $1, I'd rather game like a civilized person. XD

But, Nelson Tethers for $3 and Time Gentlemen for $1 is pretty tempting

4. Cherrim

56%
    Cave Story+ is the version on Steam and that's the remake that was on WiiWare. They updated graphics and music (although the new music sucks) and added a new area + boss challenges and stuff.

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Oh, interesting

6. Cherrim

56%
    Picked up Trine 2 this morning. I voted for it since I already owned the other two games and then when I couldn't sleep last night, I looked up the first episode of an LP for it by a group I follow and I liked what I saw. I think I own the first one so I'll try to play that before I touch Trine 2 but Trine 2 also has co-op so hopefully I can find someone to play with. :D Seemed worth my money.

7. Furret

Furret The Furret King

12%
    I have bought Borderlands for 5 dollars and that's it so far. I don't have a ton of money to spend.

But I did win L4D2 because of it. It's an awesome story on how I got that game.

8. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Fff, lucky. I really wanted to get Borderlands. I got Payday: The Heist instead, and it's really fun, but it doesn't play very well on my computer. I shoulda went with Borderlands. :P How'd you get Left 4 Dead 2?

9. Furret

Furret The Furret King

12%
    Oh it's actually a really funny story. I play on this minecraft server and on it this guy invented this game, Extreme Grass Growing. It's where you take bets on where the grass grows to last. So the other night one of the admins was doing a livestream and I was in the mumble channel for it. The guy bought the 4 pack and then gave all of them out but one. So he said he'd set up his minecraft server and have a huge game of Extreme Grass Growing for the copy. I won but it was so close, his little brother almost got me. So intense and fun.

10. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I'm finding the Steam sale fairly lackluster this year. I've only bought one thing (Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light) and that's only because it has co-op and was fairly cheap. Otherwise, the prices have been kind of disappointing, and I hate the fact that they're just repeating deals over and over. It feels like we've seen everything already and now we're just getting stuff that's already been on sale.