1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Tales of Graces F

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rhys, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    So, there's this RPG coming out in March that you may have heard about. It's really action-y, and has gained a lot of hype ever since it was announced. You know what I'm talking about: Mass Effect 3 Tales of Graces F!

Announcement Trailer

Seriously though, the game looks to be awesome. I downloaded the Japanese demo from the PSN about a year ago or so, and I love it, even though I have no idea what's going on. I know next to nothing about the story, but the gameplay looks to be really great, possibly better than Vesperia's or Symphonia 2's (Yes, I liked DotNW. Bite me). And you couldn't tell it's a port of a two-year-old Wii game just by looking at it, it looks awesome.

Is anybody else planning on getting the game? I'm definitely aiming to get it at launch.

2. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Level 4

80%
    I've had it preordered on Amazon for nearly a year. I love Tales games, I'll absolutely be playing this.

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Definitely picking this up, likely on release day. I've been waiting for Graces since it was first announced on the Wii, and I'm glad Namco finally decided to throw us a bone. It'll be nice to play a Tales game again - haven't played one since Vesperia.

4. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    I might have to dust off the PS3 and get it fixed for this

5. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Never played Dawn of the New World? :P

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I have it but never got around to playing it yet.

7. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    You ought to. I don't think the story is as good as the first game, but I like how it plays better. I don't like the monster catching aspect though.

8. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Dawn of the New World sucked, imo. Controls were wonky at best (I hate the Wii remote), the new characters were awful, you couldn't really be the old characters easily, and the monsters were... okay... but I kind of resented them because I could tell how obvious it was that they wanted you to use monsters instead of old ToS characters. *sigh*

But I digress... I'm pretty excited for Graces. One of my friend imported it and absolutely loved it so that helped me get over my "uggh this game looks kind of blah" phase. I'm gonna preorder this next time I'm at Gamestop and I'll probably pick it up on release day. :3 I hope it's good! (There are preorder bonuses so that's why I'm picking it up asap. xD)

9. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Yeah, the monster aspect could have been handled better. The same goes for having old characters in your party-- I hated how they couldn't be customized at all. I liked Emil and Marta though.

Pfft, lucky Canadian. :P I hope we get the bonuses too, I love those costumes. The theme would be pretty neat as well. x3

10. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    There is absolutely no way Canada will get the preorder bonuses and the US won't. Trust me, you have nothing to worry about. xD;