1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The Great PSN Outage

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, May 10, 2011.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    So who's been affected by the PSN outage? It's day 21 and Sony has issued a statement saying that it'll be at least a few more days before the service is restored, which is pretty sad considering they said a week and a half ago that it would be up within the week.

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Wow, it's already been 21 days? Somehow it both feels longer and shorter all at the same time.

What'd they say we were getting in return for putting up with all this? Just a month of Playstation Plus? :/

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    A month of Playstation Plus, free content (I've even heard rumors that it'll be a retail game - I think inFamous and God of War Collection were mentioned as possibilities), and a year of identity theft monitoring. Those are what I've heard so far.

4. Cherrim

56%
    I haven't heard rumours of a full game. :s If there is, I bet they'll probably make it like... one of those only-lasts-as-long-as-your-Plus-account-is-active ones.

5. Will

Will Staff Writer

42%
    It is blooming annoying.
    I wanted to play Portal 2 with some other mates but that has been put on hold for now. Other games like MAG have been effected and such. However, I have been concentrating on offline gaming so, it isn't all that bad, but I do miss the PSN connectivity. ​

6. Cherrim

56%
    I don't use the PSN all that much. I don't like the lack of cross-game chat (it still doesn't have that yet, right?) so I've never really used it as a means of communication with my friends, so the only way it's affected me is that I haven't been able to get annoyed by people signing on and off in rapid succession as usual. :P But I did have to complete Portal 2's co-op in splitscreen because of all this, which I felt hindered it a bit, so that was pretty annoying.

I still have to call the bank and switch my credit card. :( I don't trust that they kept that safe. I also wish they'd offer the identity theft thing in Canada. /sigh

edit: omg these smilies. i don't even.

7. Ooka

Ooka Level 3

72%
  8. Zet

Zet Level 2

80%
    I completely forgot about that, and I'm sure other people have too because all they can focus on right now is yelling at Sony and trying to sue them.

9. Cherrim

56%
    I really don't think the PS3 is anywhere close to being out of the console wars over this. General users really don't care about the outage past "zomg i can't play call of duty!!!!1" and everyone else pretty much accepts that it happens and is gonna move past it. I doubt there are lineups of people returning their PS3s after a month-long outage, or people deciding to never ever touch their PS3 again over all this.

And it's not like XBL where people would simply cancel their subscription if this happened. PSN is free--the only thing people have a "right" to be angry about is the leak. Which is really bad, but they are making amends. :/

10. Will

Will Staff Writer

42%
    Well, you can pay for PSN and I know some people that have, so I am guessing they are feeling a little worse off than us. However, they do get a months free back.
    I am looking forward to what 2 PS3 games AND PSP games we get free. :3​