1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 Coming to Nintendo 3DS This Year, First Gameplay Footage R

Discussion in 'The Archive' started by Rhys, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
  2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I don't like A Link to the Past very much. A very weak entry in the series in my eyes, although monumental in shaping it. But, it hasn't aged well. When I go to play it today I'm hit with horribly floaty controls and poor depth of field from the attempt at multi-layer dungeons on a 2D plane.

So, I'm sure this game will improve upon those aspects - and the 3D will be a huge benefit since it looks like they really want to emphasize vertical dungeons here.

But ALttP is so overdone though. The two Oracle games are directs sequels, as is Link's Awakening. Then there was the Japan-only Ancient Stone Tablets which was like a Master Quest remix of ALttP. That whole Link-era, I think we've had enough. Also, if I really want to go on an ALttP nostalgia-yet-updated kick then I would turn to Four Swords Adventures. Looks a lot closer (and better) than this game.