1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The World Ends with You: Solo Remix

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Cherrim, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Tentatively putting this here because it's most likely that the sequel will still be a handheld and, if anything, will probably be on 3DS. :x When we get more information, this might need to be moved!

If you haven't already read the news, Square-Enix has teased a site for a new TWEWY entry. They haven't explicitly said that's what it is, but since the URL has subaseka, the countdown uses the Reapers Game font, and I'm sitting here listening to a remix of Calling as it plays in the background of the site... well. There's just no question. :P

So! I know I'm not the only one who's ridiculously excited for this. What was everyone's first reaction to the news? What are you hoping to see from this title? What do you think it is?

Teaser Site

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I'll be surprised if it isn't a sequel of some sort-- Nomura's made it fairly clear that they've been working on something new for the series lately. I'd imagine it'll be for the 3DS, unless they're changing up the gameplay somehow (Which I honestly hope they aren't).

What I hope is that it'll have a (mostly) new cast of characters. It's been a long time since I played the first game, but from what I remember, there's not much of a reason to keep the original cast around, though I think that Nomura hinted at Rhyme playing a big role in the future. Initially, I was also hoping for a new setting, but now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind taking another trip to Shibuya.

I'm pretty excited for whatever this turns out to be, so I'm looking forward to next week. :D I just need to hurry up and get a 3DS so I can replay the first game, and also play through KH3D so I can see how Neku and the others are in it. I love the Kingdom remixes I've heard from the game.

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    So stoked for this. The original was my GOTY 2008 and I've always wanted a sequel. Really hoping this is for 3DS - I can't imagine it working on any other system, and if the smartphone rumors are true then I'll be really disappointed.

4. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Link

I don't believe this is the announcement but if it is, what a letdown.

5. Cherrim

56%
    I'm not sure. I don't think they'd make a new set of remixes (which they have been doing--I believe they've been teasing another remix album for a while now) just for an iOS release.

I'll be pretty disappointed if that is the big announcement, I'll admit it. But it'll also be interesting to see how they'd even port the game to iOS. Will the top screen always be on auto or something? Touch screen controls would work well enough but I can't think of how they'd make the top screen work at all. Definitely not worth it if you can't control the top screen yourself but if you can, they'd have to sacrifice screen real estate so that they could fit a virtual controller of sorts into the app, right?

6. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I'm sure it'll be much more than just a simple port. For one, there's no way in hell that they can get the original TWEwY gameplay on iOS. Plus, it'll probably have extra content in some way.

7. Cherrim

56%
    I've thought about it more and I'm pretty much entirely convinced the iOS port isn't the big news they're counting down to. It's really not S-E's style--they do ports plenty often, sure, but they don't do fancy count downs to build hype. Since this is a pretty out-of-character move for them, I find it hard to believe that all they're trying to announce with it is a port. They do ports all the time. I'm pretty sure we're going to be seeing something brand new at the end of the countdown in addition to the port. :/

8. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
  9. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    No sequel for you!

Anyway, I'm pretty certain they're also working on a sequel to the game. There's no way that the KH3D cameos and Nomura's recent comments were just to hype an enhanced iOS port of the original game. I'll be surprised if we don't see anything about a sequel by the end of the year. TGS would be pretty likely.

10. Cherrim

56%
    Eh.

The only part I'd be interested in is the HD art but since I don't have my own iPad and would feel bad confiscating my roommate's to play a version of the game that will probably only frustrate me (unless they vastly improved partner AI)... I'll pass.

Also I'm not paying $20 for an iPad game lmao.