1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What browser do you use?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geoff, Jul 5, 2014.

?

What browser do you use?

1. Internet Explorer

25.0%
  2. Firefox

50.0%
  3. Chrome

75.0%
  4. Safari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Opera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Easy question, inspired by the fact that I'm trying to use Safari a little bit more on my Macbook, lol. Somehow I doubt that's going too far.

So what browser(s) do you use?

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Chrome on everything (desktop, laptop, phone). It syncs my bookmarks, history, and extensions and it's so convenient.

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I use Chrome as well. I used to only use Firefox, but Chrome became better for me once it caught up to Firefox in terms of features.

4. J-Law

J-Law Level 3

32%
    I use Chrome primarily but I do use IE11 as my backup and it's actually really quite good. I like using it haha.

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I use Firefox mostly be I'm an extension hoarder and I like what it offers. I don't really browse extensively on my phone, so when I need to look something up I just use Dolphin Browser. I tried out Firefox on mobile once because syncing bookmarks and such seemed nice but... I never really used that feature. It's just not how I browse on mobile.

To a lesser extent I use Chrome as a backup browser. If I have too many tabs going on in Firefox at the moment and I don't want to close them yet, I'll close Firefox down and switch to Chrome. My computer is old and sluggish and too many tabs is no good. (not even "too many" really. Like... more than six lol). I don't know know why. Chrome is just also so sluggish on Mac for me. Even when I've tried on other computers like at work. It just isn't as zippy. Seems to take up more memory for me too and drain laptop battery faster.

From a development side of things, I really like Chrome's device emulator @_@ And being able to stream your page to Chrome mobile is also nice

6. Nolafus

Nolafus Critic of everything

68%
    I use Chrome as my main browser, since it's pretty fast on my laptop. Of course, I'm using "fast" as a relative term, considering my internet is insanely slow and all my friends get mad at it when they come over.

I used to use Firefox, but I ran into a lot of issues. It wouldn't load sometimes, and then other times it wouldn't respond, so I got Chrome and now Firefox is my backup browser. However, I'll use it when I need a bunch of tabs open, as Chrome doesn't seem to like that too much.

7. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I haven't used Safari since I made this thread. So much for trying to use it more!

I use Firefox, mostly because of extensions and a few other little quirks that make me not like Chrome quite as much. Chrome is also a battery hog on my Macbook - Safari is the best in that regard, but Firefox isn't too bad, so it's a good compromise.

8. Klippy

Klippy Resident Animal Crosser

30%
    I like Chrome, but my Macbook gets awful hot when I have a lot of tabs open. :/ Maybe I need to switch and save my poor laptop some pain.

9. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I finally started using Safari as my main browser on my Mac a while back. Rejoice.

I've also started using Chrome a lot more than Firefox on my PC lately. Just trying to consolidate browsers (I'd use it on my Mac but it burns through battery like crazy) since I have an Android phone and like things to sync, and it also seems like it loads faster and renders things better than Firefox.

10. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    For Web development, I use Firefox. For personal use, I use Chrome. On my Android, I use YuBrowser (which is a different flavour of Chromium)