1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What do you game on?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    What kind of TV do you have? Or do you just use a monitor?

I have a 26" Sony Bravia that's about three years old. I love it; it's the perfect size for my room and it has a beautiful picture quality - although I have done some calibrating to get it that way.

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I have a 42" 1080p Sony Bravia. Accompanying that is a surround sound system. I've calibrated the TV to 65k and also calibrated the speakers at 80db.

Everything looks and sounds amazing. Colour is always perfect. Nothing is too dark to light. Nothing is washed out. Proper skin tones. I hear everything from all directions and no speaker overpowers the other.

I love it. Playing in HD is awesome and watching Blu-rays blows me away

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I use an old Sanyo TV, I've had it for around ten years now. I'm probably gonna pick up a new TV by the end of the year; this one is finally starting to break on me. :/

4. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    In the basement (where my parents prefer to keep us gaming), there's a 42"... something. I completely forget what kind of TV it is. I just know it's plasma. It's nice, but it has issues with component and only one HDMI slot so it's a pain to hook consoles up to it. I know I have an HDMI switcher somewhere in the house but I'm too lazy to look for it so I have to go around back to manually switch the cables every time I switch consoles or want to watch TV.

Upstairs, where I try to keep at least the PS3, we have a 58" Panasonic Viera. We got it pretty cheap, though not new, from a company that was sort of auctioning off the TVs that Global used in their Vancouver studios after the Olympics last year. :D

And more upstairs, I just set up the monitor I used as a TV in my last apartment. It's almost-but-not-quite-precariously balanced on the edge of the desk up there and I just have my PS2 hooked up to it. It's a 28" LCD flatscreen (though not by any brand I recognize) and gorgeous, but I wish it were an actual TV so it had a remote since I have to get up and squint at the buttons in order to change volume or any other settings. :P But it's HD and everything looks good enough on it.

5. Aegis

Aegis Member

4%
    I have an old, 32" ViewSonic TV in my room that I game on. It's alright as far as picture quality, but has really awkwardly placed plugs on the back. Also the remote has pretty much just died on me and my parents don't want to get a new one so... that kind of sucks haha.

6. Savvy

Savvy GamerBB Owner

96%
    I have a 43" Samsung Plasma HDTV in the living room and a 32" Vizio HDTV in my bedroom.

7. Fleexie

Fleexie Level 2

20%
    I have a 32" LCD HDTV from sony.

8. Michael

Michael Level 3

8%
    I use my Xbox 360 on a 32" LG HDTV.

9. Muyiwa

Muyiwa I love cake!

60%
    I use a 24 inch Sony Bravia HD TV (model KDL-24EX320) which I ordered last month for console gaming. I absolutely love it as it fits my room perfectly while providing beautiful picture quality for all my games.

When I play on my PC, I use the Dell UltraSharp 21.5 inch monitor (model U2211H 21.5) and the picture quality, like my TV is sharp and beautiful. Although on the small side, I don't mind as I can utilize the space without the quality being affected.

10. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    Bravias are delicious.

For the 360 I have a 24" Bush HDTV in my room, it's pretty nice, but i've seen clearer.

For the PS3 I use my family's 36" Bravia, and like you said the picture quality is beautiful.