1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What Was The Best Game You Played In 2014?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by TRIFORCE89, Jan 29, 2015.

1. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    ...that wasn't released in 2014 ;P

You can count remakes as being "old" if you'd like

Aaandd go!

2. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Paper Mario, which was released 14 years ago. Great visuals, music, and gameplay. It's a shame the Paper Mario series turned into what it is today.

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Mass Effect 3. Yeah, the ending sucked, but the journey was fantastic, and I think it retroactively became my Game of the Year for 2012 two years later - even though 2012 sucked ass to the point where I didn't even really have a GotY before playing ME3 except maybe The Last Story.

4. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Birth by Sleep HD

Tales of Xillia 2 or Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney in Japanese....... but both came out last year in English so maybe they don't count. :\

Okay for one that isn't a remake (I don't count those) and doesn't have an ambiguous release date because of slow localization... Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. It was a lot of fun, improved so much on the first game, and didn't feel kinda stale like the third game. I had a lot of fun with it.

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    @DarkSpade93, more please lol You've played that before multiple times. Include something "new" too, if you can

6. Wicked3DS

Wicked3DS Pokémon Enthusiast

7%
    Uncharted 2 by far. That game was great front to back, packed with humor, action, and one of the best antagonists I've ever seen in a video game.

7. Nolafus

Nolafus Critic of everything

68%
    Mass Effect 3, same as Geoff. I've already talked about that enough, though. Even though it is absolutely amazing and my favorite game ever. Well, the series at least. The second one was the best, and the third one was awesome, but the ending just didn't feel special. It made sense from a writer's view, but from a gameplay perspective, it stunk.

Other than ME3, I don't know if I can say another game. League of Legends, perhaps. There was a span of time where I was absolutely addicted, almost causing me to completely plug out of all other online boards. I've quit cold turkey and will only play with friends now, since I don't want that to happen again. It's been two weeks since I've opened it up.