1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Xenoblade releases in Europe this week

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Anyone importing? The game is getting glowing reviews, being proclaimed as the best JRPG this gen. As of right now it has a 91 average on Metacritic.

I'm seriously considering importing it. It costs around $48 to import the standard edition from the UK, including shipping, which isn't bad at all. I'm just worried that NoA will shock me and actually announce a North American release, so I'm kind of holding off for the fall conference. I worry that it'll go out of stock and not get another print run though.

I also don't want to get stuck with the British accents if I don't have to. :P

2. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Level 4

80%
    Well, Geoff, I tried and tried to convince you to import it and you're still hesitant so I don't know what anyone is going to say in this thread that I haven't covered on MSN already XD

Basically a.) NoA is evil and you can generally trust evil people to keep their word when they promise to do evil things, so if they've said Xenoblade, TLS, and Pandora's Tower aren't coming over, they're not coming over b.) between Nintendo's crashing profits and the 3DS price cut it's obvious that they have zero financial sense other than MOAR CASUAL GAEMS so even if they weren't malevolent and openly trolling their own fans they'd be too stupid to bring these games over anyway, and c.) importing is safe, painless, and you're not guaranteed that the game will be in stock months down the line when you finally want it and d.) British accents aren't the end of the world even though they're not terribly pleasant to American ears, so...I rest my case, it's your choice now XD

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    What worries me is that apparently they're "looking at European sales" before they decide whether or not to localize. But a lot of the people who want the game are importing it, so I can't imagine them buying it twice, and therefore sales would be disappointing here in NA.