1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Game of the Year 2013

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Geoff, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Even though we still have the holiday rush ahead of us, there might just be a game that you've played this year that you've thoroughly enjoyed enough to be one of your Game of the Year contenders.

Out of all 2013's games, do you have a potential GOTY candidate yet? And if so, what is it?

2. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    The Last of Us will probably be a lot of people's GOTY. It didn't have the most original gameplay but the writing, characters, and story were all fantastic.

3. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    So far for me I'd have to say Pokémon XY. I haven't put as many hours into it as some other games that released this year but objectively it's the best release I've played this year. I haven't played many games that came out this year, though, so I have no idea how it stands up to some of the other blockbuster releases thus far.

4. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I'm sorry to say that I don't think I've actually played anything from this year in this year :S

But, I'll say Pokémon XY because it looks great from what I've seen

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Fire Emblem Awakening is my pick so far. To be fair, I haven't actually played many 2013 games (because, quite frankly...other than a few oddballs like The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite, it's the same stuff we see every year: CoD, Assassin's Creed, etc.). The Last of Us doesn't look like a game I would enjoy at all, and I don't see anything else coming out that would even come close to the enjoyment I got out of FE.

Pokemon was good, but it had some flaws that kept me from enjoying it as much as some people did. And overall I think that Fire Emblem was a more polished, deeper experience.

6. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    The Last of Us, probably. The game's mix of third-person shooting with survival elements makes it really fun to play (Even in multiplayer), and the game's probably got the best story out of any I've played in the last few years.

7. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    Ni No Kuni easily.