1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Novelization, Art Book, & Strategy Guide Coming Later This Year

Discussion in 'The Archive' started by Rhys, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    The sixth main Assassin's Creed title is receiving several tie-in books near its release, including an art book and a novelization.

View the full article

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I wish the game interested me even slightly so I could pick up the artbook because I love artbooks. I might anyway but the setting is really "meh" for me so I'm not really interested in reading how they came up with it. :(

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I love the setting, but it just doesn't fit Assassin's Creed at all.

4. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I'm just disappointed because I was really hoping for an ancestor in China. :'( I guess the franchise isn't ending any time soon so I'll probably get my wish eventually but... boats are even less appealing to me than running through waist-deep snow was.

Don't really know why you don't think it fits, though. I guess pirates kill fairly indiscriminately but I don't think an assassin would be too out of place there. :P

5. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Well, it's not that the setting wouldn't fit the story or anything like that, it's more about the gameplay. They're focusing on sea traversal and combat, which was fun in Assassin's Creed III... but like Den Defense in Revelations before it, it just didn't fit the series. Assassin's Creed is about social stealth, blending in with crowds of people to find and kill your target, and moving on rooftops if need be. Not setting sail and looting treasure. :/

6. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Arrgh matey.

Boats were mildly entertaining in ACIII, which is about the best I can say about the entire game. So, not a selling point for me to pick up ACIV