1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I'm likely going to start on Arkham Asylum once I beat either Mass Effect 2 or Rogue Galaxy. ME2 will be the first of those two that I'm going to beat, and AA and Assassin's Creed: Revelations are my next-to-play. I think I might go with AA though - from what I've heard it's shorter and I can hopefully push through it pretty quickly.

2. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    Really been meaning to pick this and Arkham city up for a while now, got the interquel comics on the cheap (GAME was having trouble moving them so reduced them to 49p which is like a sixth of their rrp) and it revitalised my interest in the games.

3. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I wouldn't play Batman and Assassin's Creed back-to-back. They're kinda similar, Batman uses a very Assassin's Creed-like combat system (but more arcade-like) and even collecting Riddler trophies on your map is a lot like collecting feathers

4. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    For some reason the crazies from Arkham Asylum are a character trophy in Arkham City which is weird since, as far as I know, they don't make an appearance in the game. When I unlocked that trophy I was very confused. "Wait, they're in this game? Did I miss them? Where are they?"

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I started playing AA this week, and it's really fun from what I've played so far. Just finished the first "real" boss fight, I guess, and it was kind of meh - but I've heard the bosses are the worst part of the game by far. The Scarecrow sequence was really freaky and unsettling too.

6. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    The Scarecrow sequences are my favorite moments of AA. Too bad they weren't in AC though.

And yes the bosses are a real letdown in the game, one of my few complaints. They're much better in AC.

7. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I beat the game a few days ago, and overall I thought it was really good. This is the first time I've ever said this since I normally don't like stealth, but I actually enjoyed sneaking around and picking off guards from the shadows. It's so satisfying picking them off one by one and watching the other guards get scared and do stupid stuff. The Scarecrow sequences were absolutely amazing as well. Like I said before though, the boss fights were awful, and the final boss was one of the worst I've ever fought.

8. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I agree. The final boss was one of the worst I've ever experienced. Joker injecting himself with Titan was a neat idea but what you got was an enemy you've fought numerous times already but with a few tweaks. Very disappointing.