1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Borderlands 2 Announced

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    As reported on the main site.

I'm sure I'll wind up buying it. The first game was decent - I though the environments were generic and the quests were repetitive, and the game fell apart toward the end. But the co-op really made it shine, so I'm hoping that in the sequel they solidify the plot and questing and give us some more environmental variety.

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Eh... I'm on the edge about this at the moment. The first game was really fun at first, but not even my friends have been able to convince me to give it another go. Hopefully the sequel will be better, though; the first game was pretty unique, if you ask me.

3. Will

Will Staff Writer

42%
    I played the first Boarderlands for a bit but I ended up just wanting to play Fallout instead, as I enjoyed it more.
    I should really give the first one a better run.

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    You want to have at least two or three other people to play it with. It sucks if it's just you or one other person.

5. Savvy

Savvy GamerBB Owner

96%
    I've always heard good things about Borderland and I thought about buying it a few times but never did. I'll have to check it out before I play the second game but it's always good to see a successful series continued.

6. Will

Will Staff Writer

42%
    Is that a hint that you want to play it with me? :P
    And I think you are right, a lot of my friends have said that it is a good laugh so, maybe so.

7. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Not really, I played it to death with Andy and David and really don't want to replay it. Plus I have it on 360. XD

8. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Level 4

80%
    I wanted to love Borderlands but a.) it eventually became a series of identical fetch quests, b.) the tiny limit on the number of weapons that you could carry drove me nuts considering that a big selling point of the game was the near-infinite selection of randomly-generated weapons, and c.) my general suckage at FPS ended up making the game impossibly hard for me partway into the game. I'll only consider buying Borderlands 2 at this rate if they have difficulty settings and the open world is less barren.

9. Shortie861

Shortie861 Level 3

56%
    I played the first borderlands myself and I never really got into it, many people I knew played this game and really enjoyed it one of them being my brother but I tried numerous times and couldn't get into it. I don't think I will be getting Borderlands 2 myself after not liking Borderlands