1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Space 3

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rhys, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%

If you haven't already, check out the gameplay demo above.

So, today, EA finally revealed Dead Space 3. How do you guys feel about it? To me, the game looks like a Dead Space title, which is great, but... it doesn't look like a Dead Space title, which is bad.

By that, I mean that the art direction is the same as the other games in the series, and the graphics look awesome. Even gameplay-wise, it looks like a Dead Space game, which is fantastic. But it looks like they removed every ounce of horror, and put in action, ala Resident Evil 5. I blame co-op for this mostly, but even without it, I don't know how I feel about the gunfights.

I know without a doubt that the game will be fun, but I'm worried that it won't be a horror game now. Dead Space 2 is hands-down the scariest game I've ever played, and I absolutely loved it for that. We'll have to wait and see how the game turns out, but for now, I'm skeptical about it.

2. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I never played the first two, simply because I'm such a wimp when it comes to horror. I'm just not a fan of jumping every two seconds when things pop out at me.

But the game looks really good - let's hope it follows in the footsteps of its predecessors.

3. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I played the first one and liked it well enough. I'm excited for the co-op since I already had to play the game with people sitting on the couch next to me or I wouldn't do it--it would be great to force them to play with me instead of being wusses and hiding every time it got scary while I had to carry on. :P

4. Klippy

Klippy Resident Animal Crosser

30%
    Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! Loved the first, LOVED the second. I know this is gonna be another great addition to the series, so I'm looking forward to it and the co-op.