1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Closes LucasArts, Cancels All Projects

Discussion in 'The Archive' started by Geoff, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Disney has closed LucasArts, and all of its upcoming games including Star Wars 1313 have been canceled.

View the full article

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    This... is sad, and I hope that everyone affected makes it out okay. To be honest though, I can't say I ever played any of the LucasArts-developed games. I loved Battlefront 2, but that was by a different development team, if I remember correctly. I know The Force Unleashed is supposedly good, but I have yet to try it. Maybe this'll give me a reason to get around to it.

3. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I'm not that bothered by this. Honestly, what has really come out of them in the last couple of years? Licensed LEGO games and some Clone Wars stuff. They were great in the '90s as developers. But recently (let's say... 2000+), most of their good output was merely published by LucasArts - not developed. And that seems to be what Disney is doing. They said LucasArts will be around for licensing, so that to me says publisher. So, hopefully they continue to hand out licenses to some good developers.

They may have had some interesting titles in development, but we don't really know anything about them to determine that.

4. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    From what I understand, the only games they were really working on were Star Wars 1313 (Which apparently focused on Boba Fett), and Star Wars: First Assault, an XBLA/PSN game.