1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Fable Anniversary Announced for Xbox 360, Includes Enhanced Fable and The Lost Chapters

Discussion in 'The Archive' started by Rhys, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Lionhead Studios' 2004 role-playing game and its expansion pack are being re-released with numerous enhancements later this year.

View the full article

2. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I own the original game but could never get into it - the original Xbox version seemed kind of clunky when I tried to play it, so if this one has been updated enough, it might be worth trying to get into it again.

3. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I tried to get into Fable several times, all with the Xbox original. :/ I don't think I'll bother with this, though. The game never drew me in at all. Just updating the UI and graphics won't save it from being utterly boring for me. The story never left me with any impression that I needed to finish it, not a single character was memorable, and I think I remember the moral decisions being so laughably black and white that they weren't very realistic or fun.

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I didn't get very far, but it did have a really generic feeling to it when I tried to play it. But the gameplay was just so clunky that I never really got to see if they did anything with the plot or moral decisions.

5. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    It might have just felt generic since I (and you, maybe?) had already played games with some sort of good/evil binary mechanic so going back to Fable which is one that I feel really brought the duality idea back into the spotlight felt really underwhelming. I imagine the later ones are better and I still want to pick up Fable 3 one of these days, but I think the only people who'll buy and enjoy this re-release are people who played Fable when it first came out and enjoyed it. I just don't feel like it holds a whole lot for the rest of us.