1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite video game music

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Rhys, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    If there's anything I love as much as a good game, it's a good game with good music. What're some of your favorite tracks? Some of mine include:

Ezio's Family - Jesper Kyd - from Assassin's Creed II
    Dearly Beloved - Yoko Shimomura - from Kingdom Hearts II
    Dragon Roost Island - Kenta Nagata - from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
    Main Theme - Yoko Shimomura - from Xenoblade Chronicles
    Main Theme Medley - from The Legend of Zelda: 25th Anniversary Special Orchestra CD
    115 - Elena Siegman - from Call of Duty: Black Ops (Might not be an emotional orchestral piece, but it's still a fun song to listen to while slaying zombies. :P)

2. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
  3. Klippy

Klippy Resident Animal Crosser

30%
    Jose Gonzalez's Far Away in Red Dead Redemption. There was something really magical about that song playing when it did and it made me respect the game even more for the work of art that it is. Now I want to play it again.

Nothing's funner than slaying zombies to Avenged Sevenfold's Not Ready to Die in Call of Duty: Black Ops. I just love hearing that song as I slay hordes of zombies.

4. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Okay, first please see the themes I put in the "Great final boss themes" thread. They're all on my favourite music list, except for Dancing Mad - I appreciate it as a piece, but having not played the game I don't have a strong connection to it.

But, aside from that, I'd like to add some others that aren't boss themes...

Athletic - Yoshi's Island
    Beware the Forest's Mushrooms - Super Mario RPG
    Crystal Caves - Donkey Kong 64
    Frigate 'La Fayette' - GoldenEye 007
    Ice Path - Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal Versions
    Kannon's Klaim - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
    Marble Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog
    Mr. Patch Battle - Banjo-Tooie
    "Song of Healing" Demo - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Title BGM - Metroid

Plus, pretty much DarkSpade93's list except for the Mass Effect 2 track

DarkSpade93 likes this.
  5. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I'm dreading this reply because it's going to be really long and I'm also gonna miss out on a lot of things.

First, I'm going to list the games where I love essentially the entire OST. I'll leave an example or two next to them but generally I find it hard to pick favourites from these games.I uhh... seem to have gotten worse at picking only a few examples by the end. :x

Some of those probably seem like questionable choices if you haven't played them (Rhythm Heaven, Superbrothers) but in-game, those soundtracks were absolutely amazing. They're both rhythm games, to some extent (Rhythm Heaven moreso than the other for obvious reasons) and the soundtracks are very much tied to actions and whatnot in the game content. I tried to link to the actual gameplay for RH because it's easier to take in that way but I like listening to that soundtack on its own anyway.

I can listen to any of the above soundtracks all the time and never get sick of them. Even listening to a few songs right now to select them made me really, really want to go play every single one of these. I love every song on these soundtracks and it was so hard to list only a few. Nier, Bastion, and Chrono Trigger in particular were really difficult to only choose a few for because every single song on those soundtracks is amazing.

I've spent a long time on this already so I'm gonna post again later with single songs from various games that I really appreciate or, if no one else posts, I'll probably just come back and edit this.

6. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Took me a while to listen to every track. There certainly were some unconventional choices. :lol: You chose songs that you can't really hum to; just great music to listen to.

I like Okami though. Beautiful music. I should've included it on my list.

7. Cherrim

56%
    Yeah, my tastes usually do lean towards things that aren't necessarily catchy or anything, just really good music to listen to. Usually I prefer songs that can fit any sort of mood rather than songs that specifically really match the area they're for. I appreciate music that really matches the environment or ambience but it doesn't usually stick with me unless I find it great for other reasons too.

8. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Your list surprised me. I was looking at it and was like 'I don't know any of these other than Okami' :P But they were good songs.

And the amount of songs was surprising too. I think I'll add more to my list.

9. Cherrim

56%
    I think we have very different gaming tastes and the majority of my choices were from JRPGs or indie titles. :P Doesn't surprise me if our paths don't cross all that much.

You should totally add more! xD I'd be okay with this thread just turning into a sharing thread for great songs from anything.

10. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Okay... so, I'm enjoying this thread too much. After seeing how much Cherrim posted, I felt like posting some more (actually, we discussed this prior, as part of an evil plot). I... uhh.. went a little overboard and am spending way too long on this. So, behold just my top Mario music for now XD Other games and franchises to come later. So, post a new post so that I may post a post of more music after.Next will be... I don't know. But I'm feeling Banjo-Kazooie-ish :D

DarkSpade93 likes this.