1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy Type-0 Fan Translation Patch Releasing Tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Archive' started by Rhys, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Square Enix's portable gem is being translated to English by fans, and the translation is coming much sooner than expected.

View the full article

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I don't have a PSP. How would one play a translation patch on it? If that's a discussable thing here

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    If anyone's interested, I played a bit of the game using the translation patch and made a gallery of screenshots from it. They're all from within the first thirty minutes of gameplay, so they should be fairly spoiler-free. Here it is if you want to see them. I'm honestly really impressed at the quality of the translation, especially considering it was done in only about two years-- there are translation projects for games that are three times as old and still aren't close to being done.

I don't really want to go into a whole lot of detail, but you'd have to make a backup copy of actual Type-0 UMDs, download the patcher on the website, and install custom firmware on your PSP.