1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy XIII

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rhys, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Surely I'm not the only one here who likes this game? :P I'm trying to beat it by the time XIII-2 comes out next month. I'm currently in (spoilers) Gran Pulse, doing sidequests before I move on with the main story. I'd say my favorite characters are Lightning and Fang.

So yeah, anyone else here played/playing it?

2. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    Really didn't think much of 13. It looked good, but that's about all it done to impress me. The dialogue is rubbish and I didn't care for any of the characters or the story to be honest :/ I've felt like this with every FF game since 10, and 10 itself didn't even hold a candle to 9

3. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I've been playing this again since my roommate has it on 360 and I played it on PS3 the other year. I missed the battle system so I'm playing it again for the achievements. :p I really missed it. I did not miss the 11-chapter tutorial but now that I can use whatever party I feel like and, potentially, put people in whatever classes I want, it's excellent.

They did a lot of things wrong with XIII. It's not the game we were promised would be amazing and wonderful, but it's not absolutely awful either. It just seems really rushed. Every map is just so linear until you get to Grand Pulse (which is gorgeous), the characters seem so forced into the plot, and the game itself just feels unfinished. The battle system is absolutely phenomenal and I recommend the game just based on that, but otherwise it's very unpolished and I'd say it was definitely not worth full price.

XIII-2 is supposed to be what XIII was intended to be, but I'm very tempted to boycott it (and I am boycotting the pre-orders, at the very least) because they're doing that retailer-exclusive pre-order thing and I hate that. But still, looks interesting even if I have no interest in the characters or plot. I just want to play it for the battle system again!

Best party every: Fang, Lightning, Vanille. ♥

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I'm in the minority that really liked XIII...I actually enjoyed the plot and (most of the) characters, and the battle system was one of the best I've ever seen in an RPG. The linearity was definitely a bit much at times, but I honestly didn't mind it too much. I just wish the game opened up a lot earlier than it actually did.

XIII-2 on the other hand doesn't interest me at all. Two crappy main characters and a shoehorned Pokemon game...no thanks.

5. Osrali

Osrali Level 1

80%
    None of the games can ever compare to Tactics. Just Tactics, not Tactics Advance 1 or 2.

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Tactics isn't even really a true Final Fantasy game though. It's just a spinoff. I've never played it, but most of the people I know that have played it think really highly of it...but still, as far as numbered FFs go, I'd say IV, VII, and X take the crown for me. Not sure if VII or X is my favorite, but X might just hold a special place in my heart because it was my first FF.

7. Hotspot

Hotspot Level 3

36%
    I've been interested in the game since I found out that one of the characters had a boomerang as their weapon; and I do think it looks cool. All of my friends hate the game, but that will not stop me from purchasing it when I have money.

8. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    ...you really have a thing for boomerangs, don't you? :P
    Too bad the boomerang character is the most hated in the game. I'm one of the few that didn't have a problem with Hope - Vanille, on the other hand, ugh.

9. Hotspot

Hotspot Level 3

36%
    Boomerangs are my favorite weapons... in fact, the girl in my avatar is from an anime and her weapon is a boomerang! XD

Yeah, but I have found many people who do like him actually. XD
    And actually, my friends who hate the game do not have a problem with Hope, either that or they've never said anything about him.
    The only character I don't think I will like is Snow, because I am usually not into Fist Fighter type characters.

10. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I hated Hope the first time I played and now I'm just indifferent to him, I think. I found him SO whiny for the beginning and it really bothered me, even though he did have a pretty good reason to be emo.

It was Snow I just could never, ever learn to like. Lightning I kind of liked and then hated and now I just mildly dislike her (but find her bitchiness hilarious). I really liked everyone else of the party in XIII though.