1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Game Boy Advance Virtual Console Coming to Wii U This Spring, Includes Metroid Fusion and Yoshi's Is

Discussion in 'The Archive' started by Rhys, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Classic portable games are coming to Nintendo's not-so-portable console this April.

View the full article

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Why would someone want to play the GBA version of Yoshi's Island over the SNES version?

SNES has better controls. GBA has washed out graphics, no special FX effects, annoying N64 Yoshi voice, and tingy scaled-down music. The extra levels don't make up for the overall downgrade.

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I remember there being some legal issues with Nintendo re-releasing the SNES version for some reason, something about some of the effects I think? Don't quote me on that, though.

4. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I don't understand why it's coming to Wii U and not 3DS (or both). :| I know they can do GBA games on the 3DS because they released some as part of that Ambassador Program (right?), so why would they only release the handheld virtual console stuff on a TV console? I mean I know there's the gamepad but you still have to be in the vicinity of the Wii to use that so it's not the same.

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Because Nintendo doesn't make sense lol

I dunno. 3DS would make a lot of sense. They have GBC games already.