1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Google's New Logo

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geoff, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    So Google has a new logo as of this past week - their most drastic change since 1999. They've said it's in an effort to have better scaling across a variety of devices, with the modern design trends of a flat look and a sans-serif font. It also means they have a favicon that actually matches their logo now.

Thoughts? Love it? Hate it? Indifferent?

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Between "Alphabet" and the new serif-less font face of the Google logo, I'm getting a very Sesame Street type of vibe here

G is for Google

I do like the alternate logos that are derived from the new one; the circle, the dots. But the main one will need to grow on me I think

3. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I don't care at all about the Google text on their main page--I'm already used to it, I think. This isn't the first time they've played around with that and it certainly won't be the last.

However the new favicon is godawful and I hope they redesign it as soon as possible. It's such a mess and hard to read. I hate it!!

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    How is thew Favicon godawful? I think it's easier to read than the old one and it matches the logo much better.

5. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    It matches the logo better but how on earth can you find that awkward distribution of colour on it easy to read?? I can never make out that it's a G I'm looking at unless I really focus on it, whereas I could always tell it was a g in the old font. (I wasn't a fan of the old favicon either, I thought it was really weird when they changed to it, but at least it had the readability factor down for me.)

I wish they'd just picked one colour and stuck with it, or ditched the yellow or upped its contrast against the white background. As it is now, at a glance I only see the red and the green/blue which doesn't form a complete G and it throws the whole thing off. I can't stand it.