1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you game?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Cherrim, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Title isn't exactly obvious so I get to ramble. How do you usually play video games? I mean, do you pick something up for maybe an hour or two and then move on to something else? Do you sit down and marathon a game almost from start to finish? Somewhere in-between?

Myself, lately I usually just play in 15 minute bursts all over the place. :s I've gotten SO used to handheld gaming while commuting to school/work or waiting for a class to start that I'm a little A.D.D. when it comes to playing games. If I'm playing a handheld, I'll close it/put it to sleep and wander around when I get bored, which is usually pretty quick. With consoles I'm constantly pausing them and heading to the computer to check email/twitter/forums and then going back hours later to play maybe another 40 minutes before repeating.

:/ I tend to finish games SO slowly this way, so sometimes when I have free time and nothing to do, I force myself to sit down and play a game as long as I can. Sometimes I get good results, like the other weekend when I managed to beat MGS2 in about two or three sittings. Other times, like with Fable last month, I'll play for one or two long sessions and then forget about it. Oops! But yeah, I like playing games in short bursts, which is why puzzle games and things that are easy to put down are the kinds of things I look forward to moreso than epics.

2. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    It's very rare for me to play for more than an hour or so at the time. If I really get into a game and I'm getting near the end or something, then I can sit there and play for hours, but for the most part I play in shorter hour-or-less bursts.

3. Seiphre

Seiphre rev it up.

70%
    Depends on what I'm playing, really. If I get frustrated quickly, I'm done within 15 minutes. But then there are some days where I can play for 7 straight hours. And yes, I have done this. I get more frustrated with console games though. Like Super Mario 64. I suck at that game, lol. I'll play for 20 minutes, maybe get one star in that amount of time (yeah, THAT bad!) and I'm done and wanna do something...less strenuous. So yeah, it depends on my mood, what I'm playing, and how well it's going for me. Also, having someone with me helps. I tend to wanna play more when someone's with me, because I can enjoy it more if I'm screwing up. Cause you know, I have someone to laugh with so it's not as annoying. Plus I can throw the controller to them so they can try it. ^-^

4. Nick

Nick Mr. Wonderful

8%
    I pick up whatever I'm playing, put it in, start it up, and play until I get bored. Then I go do something else and forget about it for a few days. I usually play anywhere between 30 seconds to about three hours. Unless it's a new game, I won't play much past a three hour mark, unless it's a game that logs time, then I stop playing but leave the game running so that I get a higher time. Yup!!

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I try to play for as a long as I can before either:

A) Succumbing to boredom, or
    B) Having to share the TV or similar

I aim for completing a world (or equivalent) in one-go, or as close to it as I can

6. Shortie861

Shortie861 Level 3

56%
    Depends for me, if I am playing online with friends we will usually pick a game and spend the night on it playing however if I am playing single player on my own it can vary depending on how much I am interested in playing the game. If it's a game I have found really interesting I will probably spend a night on it until bed playing if it's a game I like but my mind wonders when playing I will play for an hour or two before moving to another game.

7. Nephilim

Nephilim skystreaks.

8%
    I don't care really what game it is, I will play it for as long as I possibly can to finish it all in one go. Funny thing, because I remember playing Pokemon Black when I first got it, and I think I played it for about 10 hours straight with no break whatsoever(kind of dangerous, thank goodness I did take a break at some point, I guess). So yeah, I try to really complete one game(at least, do as much as I can) before moving on to the next and whatnot. xD;

8. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Pokemon is the one series I can just sit down and play for hours on end...especially if it's a new game. I'm prone to playing 5 or 6 hours in the first day or two after I get a new Pokemon game, or if I get caught up in a replay of one.

9. KingManta

KingManta Level 5

88%
    I pretty much play online multiplayer shooter games, so I'll play in frequent long stretches.
    Rarely do I get on a game for just 10 or 15 minutes, normally I'll play for at least 2 hours or so.
    Lately, though, I've been into some old Super Mario games, and I usually play them for about 20-30 minutes before moving on to something else.

10. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I've been mostly talking about single player games in my other posts. When it comes to multiplayer games...there have been some times where we lose track of time and wind up playing for five or six hours and staying up until 3AM or later. It's different when you're playing with a group of friends - I never play more than a few rounds if I'm just playing random people, but if a group of friends are in a party we just lose track of time.