1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

How Was Your Summer?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KingManta, Aug 24, 2011.

1. KingManta

KingManta Level 5

88%
    Well, here in Canada summer's coming to a close.
    I didn't get a lot of stuff done that I wanted to, but at least I relaxed a lot after a tough school year.
    How was your summer? Get everything done that you wanted to?

2. Furret

Furret The Furret King

12%
    Mine was fun. I went to Cedar Point played some video games and stuff. It was a nice summer.

3. KingManta

KingManta Level 5

88%
    Sounds good man.
    That's what summer's all about to me, just relaxing and having some fun.

4. Soul

Soul Demonic s o u l

16%
    Mine was pretty fun. I went to Virginia Beach and Ocean City. I might go to the Luray Caverns (although I don't want to) with my family next week right before school starts.

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I live 45 minutes from Virginia Beach and my grandparents live like a half hour from Ocean City. =o

Mine was fairly uneventful, until the very end of the summer. Then the shit hit the fan...earthquake, hurricane, grandmother going in the hospital, and my eye screwing up. Other than that, I mostly spent the summer getting stuff ready for grad school.

6. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I'm going to edit and update my post from the similar PokeCommunity thread a bit....

I've been working, so... that takes care of week days, up until the evenings anyway. Just finished up my time in the office and am now continuing from home while at school for the year.

From June to early July was busy. Cousins' birthdays, my birthday, my university graduation, my brother's high school graduation, Canada Day, Father's Day, my mother's birthday. Lots of time spent out of the house with family, which I mostly enjoyed. A few more birthdays throughout August too.

Also with family, went to a couple of food festivals - one a rib fest, one a gourmet food truck event. Had fun at both of them and would go to them again.

Went up to the beach for a day. And then later went up North to the beach again and surrounding area for a long weekend. Went hiking, go-karting, went to some nice restaurants, and the beach itself of course. Much fun.

I just came back from a trip to Washington. Saw all the monuments, did the museums, the Capitol, etc. I like travelling, and it was more of an edutainment trip than a fun or relaxing vacation, but I enjoyed it all the same. I think you're supposed to learn and change a little bit through travel, even if in minuscule amounts. So, it was successful there I think.

So, in that regard, summer's been good. I like getting out of the house. I like my family. All is well.

However, I really would have liked to have done things with my friends. Nothing ever panned out and I've spent many evenings and weekends sitting out home bored out of my mind.

*thinks* I also have my own car now. That's good, I suppose. I made my own rom hack, that was a neat experiment. Did some reading too albeit in audiobook form. Watched several movies.

Also, didn't play nearly as many games as I was planning to this summer. I replayed stuff. I had nothing new in my library to play :(

Oh! And the earthquake. I felt that. That was a nifty ten seconds

7. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Level 4

80%
    Summer was freaking hot. I spent over a month holed up in the single room of my house that can be air conditioned efficiently. Already blocked most of it out. Did I mention it was hot?

8. Will

Will Staff Writer

42%
    My summer was awesome. I chilled out and saw friends and got an amazing job. :D

9. Mao Rune

Mao Rune This world can try...

50%
    My summer was ... freakin' nuts. I decided to become homeless at the start of April and was so until the end of June or beginning of July. Been through three jobs already this year.. Got my first girlfriend ever (=O!) and which ended abruptly.. =\
    Now I'm moving out of my house and into an apartment with my bestfriend (and now roommate) who I also work with at Pizza Hut where we both are delivery boys. =O Currently just ... chillin'. Dunno what the hell to do with my life, but as far as THIS summer goes; it looks like it's gonna be crazy, whatever it is.