1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Klippy's Corner: A Lot of Flapping About Flappy

Discussion in 'The Archive' started by Klippy, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Klippy

Klippy Resident Animal Crosser

30%
    Klippy speculates as to why Flappy Bird don't flap no mo' in a thrilling edition of Klippy's Corner

View the full article

2. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Good article. I've heard a lot about this game but have no desire to play it (not that I can now anyway :P ). This game represents everything I hate about mobile games: very repetitive, little creativity, and seemingly exists just to kill time.

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    The game's a fun diversion. There's not a whole lot to it, but its simple to understand gameplay is enjoyable in short bursts.

4. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I downloaded it and spent maybe 20 minutes on it total before I realized I wasn't having any fun and all the time I'd spent feeling frustrated over the clunky controls and stolen art motifs could have been better spent playing a real game and promptly uninstalled it to remove the temptation to boot it up again. I don't regret that decision.

I think I made it to like 12 lmao.

I can't blame the author for taking it down, especially if he never actually meant for it to become even remotely popular. It has stolen assets, it did not handle well, and it's really not the kind of thing I would want associated with my name. It looks very polished for what was probably just a test of the app stores and programming games for multiple mobile platforms but I got the feeling that's all it was--a curious programmer's test case that exploded in popularity when it shouldn't have.