1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Klippy's Most Anticipated Games of 2013

Discussion in 'The Archive' started by Klippy, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Klippy

Klippy Resident Animal Crosser

30%
    With 2013 already half over, Klippy outlines some of the games he's most excited to play in the last six months of the year.

View the full article

2. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I'm looking forward to pretty much everything you listed except GTA V and the Lego game. :P

Batman: Arkham Origins and Pokemon X and Y are what I'm looking forward to the most.

3. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    From that last, I'm looking forward to:

Batman: Arkham Origins - I love the original Arkham Asylum game. I like the sequel too, although I think it has some flaws that put it below its predecessor. I was at first wary of this new game. It is made by a different development team, the voice talent is gome, the script writer is gone, etc. No Hamill, Conroy, Sorkin, or Dini - so all the Animated Series connections are out the window. :( But, from what I've seen it also looks promising. I like the story idea. I like the look of Batman (kinda Arkham Asylum/City classic look with the practicality of armour from the Nolan trilogy). Gameplay-wise, it looks to have fine-tuned and fixed up some of the things that bothered me about Arkham City. So... I'm optimistic despite the changes.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - It is a Zelda game and I am TRIFORCE89. I may hate it (the original A Link to the Past is far far far from one of my favourite games - Zelda or otherwise), but it is a Zelda game so I am looking forward to it.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - I wish Retro's talents were on something else, but DKCR was an exceptionally solid platformer. It was fantastic and I welcome a sequel. And hey DK can swim now.

Pikmin 3 - The first Pikmin game is an absolute masterpiece. It is one of the best games I ever played and will likely forever be one of my all time favourites. I was dissapointed with the sequel. Pikmin 3 gets rid of what I didn't like in the sequel and introduces a few new ideas. It looks impressive and I'm looking forward to playing it.

Super Mario 3D World - Anything made by Nintendo EAD Tokyo is just simply pure gold. Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, the Super Mario Galaxy games, and Super Mario 3D Land - this is a stellar track record. Not sure why it isn't on the 3DS, but I'm sure it'll be great fun. Especially with co-op.

Pokémon X & Y - I've liked a lot of what I've seen so far. A new type should mix things up a bit. I'm glad we have 3D battles finally. Just...overall it looks like they're putting a lot of effort into it.