1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Konami Announces Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection for PlayStation 3, Releases This June

Discussion in 'The Archive' started by Rhys, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
  2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I'm really excited for this. I already own the whole series in one way or another (MGS1 and MGS4 on PS3, the other games on 360), but it'd be nice to have them all on the same system. I'll probably wind up getting this, though I'm not sure if it'll be before or after The Last of Us.

3. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I own almost all of these (just missing MG and MG2... and I guess MGS:VR?) and I don't think I like the series enough to pick it up again. If I'm gonna replay MGS1, at the very least, it'll be the GCN version. I just kind of feel like this one is a bit unnecessary since they already had an HD collection in the last few years. o_O;

4. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Virtual Missions was a separate release that expanded on the training missions from MGS1 while leaving out the entire main game, so if you don't know if you own it or not, then you probably don't :P And while the HD Collection was only a few years ago, it only had three (Five, counting MG and MG2) games, while this collects nearly the entire series. It's more of an opportunity for newcomers to hop aboard than it is a reason to buy the games yet again, I think.

5. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Yeah, it's fine for being a more definitive version of the HD release (which iirc didn't actually include MGS1 at all) but it's just kind of like... are any of the games that hard to find? The HD release is still around because none of the consoles it's on are at all outdated, MGS4 is still on shelves... it just seems really unnecessary.

It occurs to me that when I picked up the series (MGS1-3), it was already in a re-release collection. Man, they milk this series more than any I've ever seen, I think.

6. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Well, at least it's kind of got something new. VR Missions isn't on the PSN yet, and the version of MGS4 in this collection has the trophy patch pre-installed (And Metal Gear Online pre-removed :c).