1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a new MMORPG

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Mao Rune, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Mao Rune

Mao Rune This world can try...

50%
    Hey guys. I'm looking for a new MMORPG to play. Preferably classic fantasy style, but I'll try anything, really. At this moment I'm downloading Luna Online to try out. Any other suggestions?

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    If you like the World of Warcraft style of gameplay, check out Earth Eternal. It's free-to-play, and is in open beta right now (Keep that in mind, as it does have its fair share of glitches, but nothing game-breaking). It's the only PC game I play, it's pretty fun.

3. Aegis

Aegis Member

4%
    Ooooh, MMOs are my favorite type of game :)

As far as fantasy style goes, I would have to reccomend RIFT by Trion Games. It's really polished and has fixed a lot of the things players generally complain about in other MMOs, such as World of Warcraft. Additionally, Trion releases new content via patches much faster than most MMOs. Guild Wars, by ArenaNet, is also a pretty decent MMO. It's unique in that there isn't a subscription fee like most MMOs. It was first released in 2005 though, with two spin off expansions (both in 2006) and one direct expansion (2007), so it might look a little dated compared to a new MMO like Rift. Still, it's a really good MMO and I'd definitely reccomend it.

If you're more into the JRPG style of game then you should try out Dragon's Nest. It's free to play by Nexon Games, and is in open beta right now. It has a really unique and addicting combat system, but isn't without it's fair share of bugs. I honestly haven't played it that much (my friend I was going to play it with keeps getting busy with work ;; ) but from what I've seen it's pretty decent.

Although it isn't really a MMORPG, I feel like League of Legends should be mentioned here. It's free to play by Riot Games, and is of the DOTA genre. Basically, it's a PvP game with tower defense elements. It's by far one of my favorite games, and it's free to play so you have nothing to lose. I really do urge you to give it a try, it's so much fun @_@ Thooooough if you're going to play, you reaaaaally should try and get some friends to play too. Playing with strangers can be really frustrating, so make your friends play too, they have no excuse not to!

And of course there's World of Warcraft (by Blizzard), the most successful MMO like... ever. Honestly though, I wouldn't really reccomend it. The current raid tier is really underwhelming, in fact the entire current expansion is a real disappointment. On top of that, Blizzard is notorious for taking forever to release new content so you're stuck with a raid for 6+ months >.< Still, it has a massive player base and a huge community, and it's been around for three expansions so there's a ton to do in it.

4. Mao Rune

Mao Rune This world can try...

50%
    I've been hearing a lot of hype of LoL and honestly I don't think it looks that good. =\ I haven't played it myself so I can't really generate an opinion on it, but there's just something about it that's like... no. XD;

I was such a huge GW junky back in the day. @___@ Got the release CD-ROM still. (b'-')b Now that you've brought it up, I may bust it out. XD;