1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Metal Gear Online to close it's doors for the last time on June 12.

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by DocGoblin, Mar 15, 2012.

1. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    Konami announced that they're closing down their once hugely popular online branch of the Metal Gear series on it's four year anniversary. This is pretty sad news for me as Metal Gear Online was my first real online gaming experience on consoles, and the first online game I ever really ever put any effort into :(

2. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    If anyone has MGS4 or a PS3 it's well worth giving this game a go now, as Konami is literally giving away all the DLC for free on April 24th alongside other goodies.

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I'm kind of disappointed that they're closing it down. I don't own MSG4 and never got into the series, but I do plan on playing the games eventually and wanted to try MGO at some point.

4. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    I guess I understand their reasoning. They're getting DDOS'd a lot, and the EUR, UK, AUS servers have like 400 active players now. But it's a real shame, MGO was a hell of a fun game in it's time. Started playing again the other night and so many memories have come flooding back.

5. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Eh, I don't like what I've played of MGS4... I'm sure the multiplayer is different, but the single player just wasn't all that great, if you ask me. I might try it out sometime though.