1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Mirror's Edge Sequel Announced by EA DICE, First Trailer Released

Discussion in 'The Archive' started by Rhys, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    It's official: a new Mirror's Edge game is coming to next-gen platforms and PC.

View the full article

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING

3. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I never finished Mirror's Edge since my disc was scratched at the end of Chapter 2 but I did like what I'd played, even though everything about it means it should be a game I'm notoriously bad at and hate forever. But, interesting game. I know a lot of people really liked it so I'm happy to see it get a sequel. (I always really approve when games have a cool female protagonist like that, so it's a plus to have more of the franchise.)

I also really liked the little note about the release date at the end, saying it's due out "whenever it's ready". :) It gives the impression they're taking their time and giving it the attention and development effort it deserves.

4. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    The only thing that bothered me about the "release date" was that on the game's website, they said the same thing they've said for years: they're still trying to figure out how to properly evolve the gameplay into something better. I'm assuming that the trailer is at least an indication that they have an idea, but it's still a bit worrisome. Nonetheless, I'm stoked. Mirror's Edge is one of my favorite games on PS3 and 360.