1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Miyamoto's New IP

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by DarkSpade93, Jul 10, 2013.

1. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Shigeru Miyamoto has hinted that he has been working on a brand new Wii U franchise. So what do you think it is?

Since with their existing franchises they've pretty much got every genre covered except for a shooter it might be that? Not an M rated shooter mind you since that wouldn't have wide appeal. I'm thinking something like the ground missions in StarFox Assault. It sounds weird but I'd be dissapointed if Miyamoto was working on another 2D platformer.

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I don't want another 2D platformer either. I don't think it'll be one, his "new IP" spiel lately has been focused on new experiences over characters, and another platformer isn't a new experience. I don't think he's hinted at any interests lately, that's usually a give away

If Miyamoto made a shooter (and he might one day, he has said he's interested in the genre), I don't think it'd be like Star Fox Assault. He seemed to have been more involved with Link's Crossbow Training and Yoshi's Safari, which were both FPS games (and on-rails? Not sure about Link, haven't played it. But Yoshi was on-rails).

Give me something of Pikmin-quality, and I'll be happy. Wonderful game that came out of nowhere. Do it again.

3. Klippy

Klippy Resident Animal Crosser

30%
    I'd love if it introduced something revolutionary or even simply beyond what Nintendo is used to. It's definitely gotta be something new and unique to get the Wii U's sales rolling.

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Didn't Miyamoto say that he was pretty much done with big projects? I think it'll be a more casual, pick-up-and-play type of franchise. I can't see him coming out with something anywhere near the scale of Mario or Zelda. And I think that the idea of Miyamoto making a shooter or anything with that level of violence is laughable since he's said in the past he doesn't like violence in games.

5. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    That's why I think it'll be something like the ground missions in StarFox Assault. That wasn't violent at all really. It was a cartoony sci-fi shooter. Of course he won't be making a realistic, gritty shooter. That is so not Miyamoto.