1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

MMOG

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Aegis, May 17, 2011.

1. Aegis

Aegis Member

4%
    MMOG - Massively Multiplayer Online Game

Which ones, if any, have you/do you play? What do you think about the genre in general?

Personally, MMOGs are my favorite genre of game. I love being able to continually work on a character and see real progress, as well as the social aspect. In the years I've played MMOGs I have made many friends just from the games. The constantly changing game content is also a big plus in my eyes, I love that every few months (or so) new content will be added in a patch. I'll admit that the genre has drawbacks, usually MMOGs have pretty weak storylines as well as graphics that don't even come close to graphics of standard console games.

My first MMOG was MapleStory, then it was Guild Wars, and then I started World of Warcraft which has easily become my favorite game. My in-game play time is over 100 days :x Recently I started playing RIFT as well, which is pretty neat. I'm really looking forward to Star Wars: The Old Republic too.

What about ya'll?

2. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I never really got into MMOs. I tried WoW for a couple nights with you guys and I thought it was really dull and more of a chore than a game. The random fetch quests and lack of any clear goal just didn't really appeal to me.

3. Nick

Nick Mr. Wonderful

8%
    WoW gets better the higher level you get, though. In the beginning it does feel like a chore to go around and do quest giver's dirty work and whatnot, but once you get other aspects of the game, it becomes a lot more enjoyable.

WoW is the only MMOG I play, and I'm addicted to it. u_____u

4. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I've tried MapleStory and WoW a few times. Honestly, I like the grinding/fetch quests a lot because I find them really relaxing but... with WoW, all I could think was "I could just be grinding in a JRPG instead and get the same effect". I didn't like doing instances (I think that's what they were? The dungeons?) and actually fighting things that could kill me? Blech.

I'm also cripplingly antisocial on games like that, for some reason. I keep to myself, tend to not really reply to people who message me, and I'll only party up with friends I knew before the game. And that kind of defeats the point so I just don't bother anymore. :