1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

"New 3DS" and "New 3DS XL" Announced Alongside Xenoblade Chronicles for 3DS

Discussion in 'The Archive' started by Rhys, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Nintendo's 3D-capable handheld products are getting numerous improvements, alongside a new version of the Wii game Xenoblade Chronicles.

View the full article

2. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Definitely improvements that needed to be made, though given Nintendo's history with revisions like this I wonder how much support the new 3DS will really get. And if it actually does get support, it's going to cause a split in the user base.

I can't imagine playing Xenoblade on a handheld though. That's a game that begs for a big screen (even if it's not in HD).

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I welcome the new models. The Circle Pad Pro accessories are hard to come by and are pretty bulky, so having their elements built in definitely is an improvement in itself, especially since this means more types of games can be easily adapted to 3DS, or at least games will be more likely to support additional control schemes. As for the enhanced CPU, I didn't quite expect it, but I don't really have a problem with it, especially since it means we might get a few games that we otherwise wouldn't.

4. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Nice changes, but much too late in the game. I don't think this will gain much traction.

The C-Stick nub looks awkward to use. Though I welcome the return of coloured buttons