1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

PlayStation TV North American Compatibility List Released

Discussion in 'The Archive' started by Rhys, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Sony has released a list of games that will be playable on its PlayStation TV console.

View the full article

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Please please please hurry up with the PS3 streaming, Sony! This is such a good price. I still really want a PS3, but the current going price is just outrageous.

I would totally buy this if the Kingdom Hearts HD remakes are streamable. At a minimum. And then there's everything else I want

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    The streaming quality isn't that great and plus you're going to have to deal with lag and whatnot - and lag could be especially detrimental in a game like KH.

Plus the fact PlayStation Now is insultingly expensive and the catalog is lackluster. You're better off just getting a PS3. And if you're planning on getting this instead of a Vita, there are so many titles that aren't compatible - pretty much anything that uses the touchscreen/pad, plus other games that aren't compatible just because. Add to the fact that there are lots of PSP games that aren't available on the PS Store...PSTV isn't the end-all solution that you think it is.

4. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Yeah, I know. You told me already XD You don't need to rub it in.

The rental aspect is a killer. That's awfully lame. A Netflix-like subscription where I could play anything would be sweet though.

5. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I think this streaming is the sort of technology that will only get better with time, so I'm glad it's being pioneered now so that maybe it'll be perfected by the time I actually get a PS4 and can use it. :P And hopefully they'll work out their payment options by then, too. This seems like a really rocky time where they're trying to figure out what works both technically and on a sales/value standpoint. I'm sure they'll realize rather quickly what people are and are not willing to pay for.

But as for the Vita part, great! I mean, I think the Vita would be a better investment if that's what you primarily want to get this for because I think the Vita is just such an excellent piece of hardware but... hey, some of those games I've definitely played and thought "I wish I could put this on my TV" so I guess I could finally do that.