1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended Gaming Apps?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Muyiwa, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Muyiwa

Muyiwa I love cake!

60%
    I don't tend to play that many games on my phone but does anyone have any gaming apps that they want to recommend to the community? It would be pretty cool to see what people think before going out and buying the games myself.

Be sure to specify with Operating System you're using (iOS, Andriod, Windows Phone 7).

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    The following are for iOS (I played them on a 2nd-gen iPod touch).

Bungie Mobile - Well, this isn't a game, per say, but it's pretty useful if you're a fan of Bungie and/or an avid Halo: Reach player. The game lets you view your stats and Bungie news and whatnot on the go, and it does that pretty well. Also, until July 7th, you can get a special nameplate and Blue Flaming Helmet for Halo: Reach exclusively through the app. It's free, so I can't recommendit enough to Halo and Bungie fans.

Dead Space - Usually, when a game is released for consoles and is very well-received, it later gets mobile companions that tend to not be as well-received. However, Dead Space breaks this tradition. Don't let the name fool you: this isn't a condensed port of the first Dead Space game. This is a stand-alone entry in the series, although ti plays fairly similarly to the console games. The controls are good, and the graphics look nice, as well. The story also adds more to the Dead Space universe by providing events that take place before the beginning of the second console game. Also, just because this is a mobile game doesn't mean it won't scare you; it's just as atmospheric as the console games. This is a pretty good buy.

Sonic 4, Episode 1 - Unlike Dead Space, this game actually is a port of its console counterparts, for the most part. However, it is slightly different... The game actually features 3D models in some parts (For Sonic, at least), and the physics are closer to the WiiWare version than the PS3/360 version. On top of that, it features several exclusive levels that are based on an earlier build of the console game; however, the levels are just as fun as the console counterparts. Despite all this, a lot of the game is the same as the console version, which means you're getting a really fun 2D platformer with really good visuals and some nice music.

3. Michael

Michael Level 3

8%
    Infinity Blade by Epic Games for iOS. It's a great game and I've spent hours playing it. That's surprising to me since I've never spent that much time on a mobile game.