1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Super Mario 3D World

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    The Wii U's biggest game yet came out yesterday, and a lot of people are buying a Wii U for Super Mario 3D World. What are your thoughts on the game based on what you've seen so far? Great 3D Mario? Generic cash-in? Somewhere in-between? Lots of reviews are hailing it as a really inventive take on the Mario series and worth the purchase of a Wii U.

Personally, as someone who wasn't enamored with 3D Land, I'm a bit skeptical. I would have rather had a proper 3D Mario in the vein of Galaxy. But I'm sure I'll play the game at some point and I'll be able to give a good judgment of it then.

2. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    The game looks really great. When it was first unveiled I wasn't impressed at all. But seeing footage of all the new stuff this game has to offer (power-ups, gameplay modes, extras) I'm really looking forward to playing it.

It does feel like a cash grab though. With NSMBU last year and SM3DW this year, it feels like Nintendo is desperate to sell consoles and are relying on Mario to sell units.

3. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    It's EAD Tokyo. What they touch is pure gold. Even 3D Land was gold, just gold that fell in the mud.

Should have been a launch title.

4. Platinum Lucario

87%
    I'm going to buy Super Mario 3D World a little later. I've already got Super Mario 3D Land on the 3DS, so I'm definitely getting this one as well.

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I admit...I'm really surprised. I got this Tuesday and I've played a bit of it since then - it's definitely a huge improvement over 3D Land. I'm on World 3 and I've already been impressed by the creativity displayed in some of the levels, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.

It's still not the true Galaxy-style innovating 3D Mario I was hoping for (and whyyyyyyyy does this game still have a run button???), but it's definitely a lot better than I expected.

6. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Looking forward to starting this when I've wrapped up Pikmin