1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Super Smash Bros. 3DS Demo Releasing Next Week, Available Now for Select Club Nintendo Members

Discussion in 'The Archive' started by Rhys, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    A demo for Nintendo's latest Smash is coming next week-- or possibly now, if you use Club Nintendo.

View the full article

2. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I was just playing it. Villager's pretty interesting. His/her side-B and down-B moves are cool. Not crazy about Mega Man though.

3. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I've been playing it a bit. My best two in Brawl are Toon Link and Lucas. Though I can survive with Sonic and Pikachu as well. And only Pikachu made into the demo. He seems a bit different. Less zippy. Quick Attack seems off a bit. I did really well with Mario though. Mega Man feels a bit clunky. I don't understand why Villager is like a Balloon Fighter.

Graphics and presentation are impressive. It was all very smooth. It feels like your playing Smash. Which is good. And I was dreading the circle-pad, but it was acceptable. Not preferred by any means (no idea why someone would want to use the 3DS as a controller on the Wii U game), but better than I was expecting

4. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I wish the demo had a couple more characters and one more stage, but otherwise, I'm really enjoying it. I'm very impressed at how well the game runs on 3DS (It really is pushing its limits; you can't browse Miiverse or the Internet on the Home Menu while playing Smash, a least on a non-New 3DS), especially considering that the action stays at 60FPS even with 3D on. It also looks pretty decent.

As for the characters, I'm loving Link and Mega Man. I typically only play as Link in Melee, but he felt way too slow for me in Brawl; thankfully, I have no issues with him in Smash 4. I'm still trying to learn all of Mega Man's various moves, but I love what I've played so far, especially his side smash.