1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Tales of Xillia

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I know some of you guys have picked it up, so if you have, what are your thoughts? Tell us about the game!

I'm trying to resist picking it up but I'm not sure how that will turn out in the end. I have my Tales fix since I'm playing Abyss 3DS right now...but then again, that's a game I've beaten before.

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I'm about eight hours or so in so far, and it's pretty darn good. The story and characters are interesting enough so far - and unlike Graces f, the story is legitimately decent, and doesn't solely rely on its characters for the most part - and the combat is... well, it's clear it was spearheaded by Team Symphonia guys, which isn't really a bad thing. The linking works pretty well, though I've heard it's a disaster in multiplayer. I like being able to juggle enemies with other characters.

Also, one of the game's strongest areas, if you ask me, is its visuals. The game doesn't do anything technically stunning, but the art style is great. I had to have spent several minutes just standing and doing nothing but taking in the scenery in places like Nia Khera. I also love the choice of colors.

All in all, pretty pleased with the game so far. Hoping to play it a bit more tonight.

3. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I've been so excited about this for ages... although admittedly more so I could meet the characters and get to know them before Xillia 2 which is the game everyone loves the most and what I'm reeeally looking forward to, haha.

I got the game on release day (what a gorgeous Collector's Edition

4. TheMajesticWolf

TheMajesticWolf Level 2

87%
    Let's see Tales of Xillia is probably the best Tales game I've played in all my life (with the exception of Symphonia) but the characters, story, gameplay, and side quests. It all fits together. Really love Rowen for his use in the dark magic arts but he somewhat has the same magic as Elize sometimes. My favorite character though would have to be Alvin I think because of his awesome voice acting and personality. Kinda really loving all the cast members really. Though I kinda find Teepo to be annoying as hell D=. So high pitched. However, other than that, the game is really phenomenal!

5. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I could not stand Teepo in the slightest for the first half of the game but after
    he gets so so so much more tolerable. Even on subsequent playthroughs I don't really mind him at all now. I do wish he'd had a less annoying voice though. :(