1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The last movie you saw

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geoff, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    From what I remember, the after-credits scene is only in America. :/ They filmed it too late for the international release to have it, but since America's release was a week or two after other territories, they were able to include it.

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    You'd seen it five times and never saw the scene at the end? :( Did they just not show it each time or just the time you actually stayed? [edit: Oh, apparently it was NA-only. That's weird.]

I kind of want to go see Avengers again because over the last couple days I've seen Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. Iron Man 2 is the last one and I'm all caught up. I wish I'd seen these first because I definitely would've appreciated Avengers more if I had. (I also watched Super 8 yesterday and it was technically the last movie I saw but I didn't like it.)

3. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I saw the film last August on a plane I believe and thought it was okay. The young actors were very good but it really should have been two movies: one about them making a film with their friends in the summer while adjusting to early adolescent life and one about an alien terrorizing a town. The two together didn't mesh well and felt forced. The ending was a let down too.

4. Cherrim

56%
    Well, I think both of them separately would have been really boring. I just feel like a lot of it didn't... go well. It had a lot of elements that could have been really interesting and then it just wasn't. :( It sucks because I swear I remember hearing a lot of good things about it but now I'm so glad I missed my chance to go see it in theatre, haha.

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I heard lots of good things about it too and was looking forward to it, and then I saw it. It was... okay. Some bits were okay (I liked the movie-making stuff more than the alien stuff), but really could have lived without seeing it too. And the ending sucked

I don't understand the comparisons to Close Encounters and E.T. everyone made for it. Those are masterpieces (and have friendly aliens), this was not (and did not).

6. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Five times!? Holy cow!

Once was enough for me XD

7. Andy

Andy Level 5

20%
    WHAT?! THE SHAWARMA SCENE IS ONLY IN AMERICA?! This is 2012, do they not have the technology to ship out another lot of film reels?! How much can that possibly cost?!

I am so angry rn. I want to see that so bad! I would have gladly taken a later release date for the movie to actually be complete -_-.

Yeah, and I have plans to see it one more time this Sunday (I have another friend who desperately wants to see it and has nobody to go with lol). At that point, it'll officially break the record for most times I've seen one movie in theatres (it's currently tied with Harry Potter 7.2 at five). But after that, no more til the DVD release. No more. *fetal position*

8. Cherrim

56%
    AndyLatelyAndyLately: Honestly, I'm not sure the shawarma scene would be worth that many viewings. :p
    It's literally just them sitting in the shawarma place eating with an awkward silence hanging over them while the owners of the shop are cleaning up the debris. It lasts like 30 seconds. Nothing happens. It is still great though.

I think my record for seeing a movie in theatres is 4? I'm pretty sure I only saw the last Harry Potter movie 4 times. (Midnight, that weekend, again with the Midnight group, with another set of friends.)

9. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I think the only movie I saw more than once in theatres was the third Potter. Once with people from school and then once with family. Tickets are costly, and I don't really find watching a movie (even at home) repeatedly so close to each other to be entertaining. I know what happens and remember everything. Need some space between viewings

10. Andy

Andy Level 5

20%
    Well JK Rowling and Joss Whedon are basically my two favourite creators in the history of fiction, so I'll go and see anything they put out as many times as I can so they make as much money as they can haha.

I ended up finding the shawarma scene on YouTube. That would be so worth the extra viewings. It was such a Whedon thing to do! Curse not living in America.